Y Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu
Gall y Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu ganiatau i olygyddion gyfieithu ochr-yn-ochr gyda'r erthygl wreiddiol, gan otomeiddio rhannau syrffedus: copio testun, chwilio am ddolennau addas a chyfatebol, categoriau ayb. Ond dylai'r golygydd hefyd gofio defnyddio idiomau ac iaith addas i'r erthygl, ac nid dibynnu'n slafaidd ar y cyfieithiad a gynigir gan y peiriant.
Yr hyn sy'n wych am y Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu yw ei fod yn dod a nifer o declynnau at ei gilydd e.e. geiriaduron neu wasanaeth peirianyddol arall. Fel mae geiriaduron newydd yn cael eu rhoi ar drwyddedi agored, gallant gael eu hychwanegu ar y Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu.
Content Translation complements the existing Translate extension: while text from Wikipedia menus and other user interface elements are translated and kept in sync by the community using Translate, Wikipedia content can be translated using Content Translation.
Profwch y teclyn hwn
Gallwch fynd at y teclun hwn yma:Special:ContentTranslation ar Wicipedia pob iaith.
Content translation is available as a beta feature in all Wikipedias for logged-in users. Once it is enabled, you will see additional entry points to easily start a translation from your "contributions" page or from the list of languages of Wikipedia articles when they are missing in your language.
Os cawsoch broblem gyda'r teclun (y Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu), rhannwch eich profiad yn y Caffi neu ar y ddalen Sgwrs.
Pwrpas y teclun hwn
Content Translation allows you to create an initial version of a Wikipedia page based on an existing version from a different language. The tool is focused on transferring and adapting content from an existing article to a new one in a different language. It allows editors to reuse as much or as little content for their initial version to later keep editing it with their usual editing tools.
We expect that Content Translation will help to expand the sum of the human knowledge to more languages. The tool is targeted to users that know two or more languages.
For current editors the tool will simplify the process of translating content. Currently, about 15% of users also edit a second language edition. These multilingual users were found to be more prolific than their monolingual counterparts, making about 2.3 times as many edits on average.
In addition, the tool is aimed at attracting new editors who may benefit from a way of contributing that is easier than creating a new page from scratch.
The tool was designed according to the following principles:
- Save time. Help translators to create content quickly, without unnecessary copy & paste to external tools.
- Provide assistance. Prevent errors, and make the user confident of their translations.
- Encourage quality of translations. The tool should properly communicate the purpose of translations in Wikimedia context and help the user to avoid bad quality translations.
- Don’t force the user. Since different translators follow different editing patterns, the aids provided should not intrude into the editing process.
- Focus on content. Translation is more focused on content than text styling. Technical elements such as wikitext should be dealt in a way that do not make the translation harder.
More details about the analytics considered are available.
Sut i fynd ati
- Rhowch gynnig arni
- You can volunteer for our testing sessions. It may take some time for us to contact you since we select participants based on the languages that we are planning to enable next. In any case, we are interested in testing with as many users as possible and we'll appreciate your participation.
- Help improve the tool by integrating new machine translation services or analyse our data on published translations to make translation services better.
- Take the new language survey where you can provide information on the support of existing tools for your language.
- Provide feedback at the talk page.
Pob dalen berthnasol
- I ddatblygwyr
- Deployment Details
- Help Documents
- All subpages
- Best practices for Content Translation events
Mae'r wybodaeth ar Wicipedia am frechiadau'n gwella'n arw, blog Wicimedia
- Sut y bu i'r Cymhorthydd Cyfieithu wella fy mhrofiad ar Wicipedia.
- Multilinguals and Wikipedia Editing, Scott A. Hale. Dec 2013