Fundamental Introduction to MediaWiki
|All other topics|
Ɔkwan ahorow pii wɔ hɔ a yɛfa so ne wɔn a wɔde MediaWiki di dwuma no nya nkitaho anaa sɛ yɛnya mmoa fi wɔn hɔ.
For help with the MediaWiki software
There are a few forums around the internet where you can get help both with using MediaWiki and with setting up MediaWiki.
- Project:Support desk
- MediaWiki Users forum (Unofficial)
- StackExchange's #mediawiki tag (RSS feed) (Unofficial)
- Reddit's MediaWiki group (Unofficial)
There are a few chat servers where help can be found depending on the topic:
- MediaWiki unofficial (Discord) - Topics include wiki installation, operation, skinning, custom developments (details)
- Wikimedia Chat (Mattermost) - For movement-wide discussions, not just technical matters. Started in September 2020 (details)
- Outreachy programs chat (Zulip) - For Outreach programs (details)
- Hackathon chat (Telegram @wmhack group) - For Hackathon related questions (details)
- State your problem immediately and wait for a response. Don't ask "is there anyone here" or "can someone help me". This is normal IRC etiquette and allows participants to multitask effectively.
- Expect to wait for some time for an initial response, especially in off-peak times. Despite this, out of courtesy for the volunteer who is helping you, try to answer their questions promptly.
Sɛ woannya mmuae a, eyi betumi akyerɛ nneɛma ahorow bi
- Ná obiara nni hɔ wɔ bere a wo pawee no mu. Sɛ kyanɛl no nyinaa ayɛ komm a, san bra bere foforo.
- Worebisa asɛm a obiara rentumi mma ho mmuae, anaa ne mmuae ma bɛgye bere.
There are several Mailing lists available. The recommended ones are:
- wikitech-ambassadors Announcements about upcoming changes on Wikimedia websites. This list is primarily aimed at end users of Wikimedia wikis, not the MediaWiki software in general.
Follow the MediaWiki accounts:
More details at Social media.
- The Wikimedia Tech Blog is a venue to share stories from Wikimedia's technical community across and beyond Wikimedia-tech.
See the editorial guidelines for more information.
- There are some tech blogs hosted on Phabricator.
- The English Wikimedia planet blog aggregator sometimes contains tech stuff mixed in with posts mostly about non-technical aspects of Wikimedia projects.
- Wikimedia's Tech/News covers all the technical activity happening across the Wikimedia movement.
- There are further newsletters that you can subscribe to.
- There are several MediaWiki Groups which could match your location or interests.
- The MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group aims to advocate the needs of MediaWiki users.
- Phabricator is where feature requests and bugs may be reported or browsed.
- Translatewiki is a MediaWiki site that allows collaborative translation, including of MediaWiki software.