Fundamental Introduction to MediaWiki
|All other topics|
C sò varij mod pe cuntattà ati utent e Mediawiki o p'ottnè n'aiute immediate. E mmodalità raccumannat so chesti cà.
Chisti ca sò buoni ccos a fà pe accumencià:
- Register and add some info about yourself in your user page.
- Follow the News and our social media channels.
- Check the newsletters that you can subscribe to.
- Join connect IRC channel and perhaps more.
- Cuntrullate ca overo tenite n'email cunfermato e ca 'e mmasciate mail fossero appicciate dint' 'e mediawiki.org preferenze d' 'e vostre.
- "Watch" (facite click) dint' 'e paggene ca vulite tenè a uocchio e cuntribbuì.
- 'O cchiù meglio è c'asciate nu Gruppo 'e Mediawiki azzeccato 'o pizzo vuosto e 'o nteresse vuosto!
- Please read the Help:FAQ before asking.
- State your problem immediately and wait for a response. Don't ask "is there anyone here" or "can someone help me". This is normal IRC etiquette and allows participants to multitask effectively.
- Expect to wait for some time for an initial response, especially in off-peak times. Despite this, out of courtesy for the volunteer who is helping you, try to answer their questions promptly.
If you don't get an answer, this could mean one of a number of things:
- Nobody was around at the time of day you chose. If the channel is generally quiet, come back later.
- You're asking a question which nobody knows the answer to, or which requires a lot of work to answer.
- You're asking a question which is in the FAQ, the help, the manual, or other documentation, and the volunteers in the channel feel it would be best if you found it yourself.
Questions relating to problems with your particular installation of MediaWiki are generally best answered on IRC, since they often require a back-and-forth exchange to isolate the problem, which is tedious when performed on the mailing lists.
Liste 'e mmasciate
There are several Mailing lists available. The recommended ones are:
- mediawiki-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list to ask for help with using or setting up MediaWiki.
- wikitech-l (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is the high-traffic mailing list for both MediaWiki and Wikimedia software development.
- mediawiki-announce (or via Gmane) (or via your newsreader) is a low-traffic list for announcements of new MediaWiki releases and security updates (all messages also go to mediawiki-l).
- wikitech-ambassadors Announcements about upcoming changes on Wikimedia websites. This list is primarily aimed at end users of Wikimedia wikis, not the MediaWiki software in general.
Please check the archives first! All three lists are also available through Gmane which provides access as newsgroups or in various web-based formats, and includes its own archives and archive search.
Segue e profil Mediawiki:
Ati dettaglie ngopp e Social.
- There are some tech blogs hosted on phabricator.
- The English Wikimedia planet blog aggregator sometimes contains tech stuff mixed in with posts mostly about non-technical aspects of Wikimedia projects.
Mmasciata 'e nutizzie
English Wikipedia's Signpost has a regular technology report with content related to activity within Wikimedia Foundation’s Technology department. Also see Wikimedia's Tech/News, which covers all the technical activity happening across the Wikimedia movement.
- Wikimedia's Meta-Wiki was formerly where documents were managed and proposals were discussed before this site was started. There is still a lot of content there that has yet to be moved.
- Phabricator is where feature requests and bugs may be reported or browsed.
- Translatewiki is a MediaWiki site that allows collaborative translation, including of MediaWiki software.
Pe aiutà o programme MediaWiki
There are a few forums around the internet where you can get help both with using MediaWiki and with setting up MediaWiki.
- Project:Support desk
- Wikimedia Developer Support (Discourse)
- MediaWiki Users forum (Unofficial)
- StackExchange's #mediawiki tag (RSS feed) (Unofficial)
- Reddit's MediaWiki group (Unofficial)
To discuss this site, MediaWiki.org
- Project:Current issues (inglese)