- Make sure you have an email address confirmed and email notifications enabled in your mediawiki.org preferences.
- "Watch" (click the star icon of) the pages you want to follow and perhaps contribute to.
- All the better if you find a MediaWiki Group that matches your location or interests!
- Please read the FAQ before asking.
- State your problem immediately and wait for a response. Don't ask "is there anyone here" or "can someone help me". This is normal IRC etiquette and allows participants to multitask effectively.
- Expect to wait for some time for an initial response, especially in off-peak times. Despite this, out of courtesy for the volunteer who is helping you, try to answer their questions promptly.
If you don't get an answer, this could mean one of a number of things:
- Nobody was around at the time of day you chose. If the channel is generally quiet, come back later.
- You're asking a question which nobody knows the answer to, or which requires a lot of work to answer.
- You're asking a question which is in the FAQ, the help, the manual, or other documentation, and the volunteers in the channel feel it would be best if you found it yourself.
Questions relating to problems with your particular installation of MediaWiki are generally best answered on IRC, since they often require a back-and-forth exchange to isolate the problem, which is tedious when performed on the mailing lists.
There are several mailing lists available. The recommended ones are:
- mediawiki-l (或者經Gmane) (或者經你嘅新聞組閱讀器) 係一個高流量問嘢嘅郵件名單。
- wikitech-l (或者經Gmane) (或者經你嘅新聞組閱讀器) 係一個高流量開發統籌嘅郵件名單。
- mediawiki-announce (或者經Gmane) (或者經你嘅新聞組閱讀器) 係一個低流量嘅新MediaWiki發行版同埋保安更新嘅郵件名單 (另外響 mediawiki-l 都會收到呢度嘅訊息)。
Follow 呢啲 MediaWiki 嘅 account：
Also see Wikimedia's Tech/News, which covers all the technical activity happening across the Wikimedia movement.
- Wikimedia's Meta-Wiki係之前啲文件嘅雜會地，響呢個網站開始之前就已經響嗰度管理同提議。但係都重有好多內容係重未搬過來嘅。
- Translatewiki is a MediaWiki site that allows collaborative translation, including of MediaWiki software.