Mea unuhi (main help page)
- Pehea e unuhi?
- Hana maikaʻi aʻe nui
- ʻIkepilihelu a me mea hōʻike
- ʻOiaʻiʻo kūlana
- Kūlana hui pūlono
- Unuhi pūnaewele ʻole
- Waihona huaʻōlelo
- Pehea e hoʻomākaukau kekahi ʻaoʻao no ke unuhi ʻana
- Hana unuhi ʻaoʻao
- Unuhi kumu paepae ʻole
- Manakia hui
- Move translatable page
- Import translations via CSV
Kahu ʻōnaehana a me nā mea kūkulu
- Hoʻonoho ʻana
- Kāloli koho
- Getting started with development
- Developer guide
- Hoʻākea iā Translate
- Group configuration
- Group configuration example
- Translation memories
- Translation aids
The Translate extension makes MediaWiki a powerful tool to translate every kind of text. It's used especially to translate software and to manage multilingual wikis in a sensible way.
The Translate extension has many features specifically targeted to translators, while making back-end integration with actual source code as easy as possible. Meanwhile, everything runs inside MediaWiki, which allows users an almost endless degree of freedom for communication and self-organization.
- Structured wiki content page translation.
- In-wiki localisation and exporting of software interface messages (or just about anything).
- Web-based translation and proofreading interface, as well as gettext based export and import for off-line translation.
- Various aids to make the job of translators easier:
- display of translations in globally defined other languages, optionally expanded with user defined languages;
- collaborative editing of documentation of the use and context of messages;
- translation memory and machine translation with external tools (Apertium, Microsoft Translator, Yandex.Translate);
- display of the latest change in the source message;
- warnings about common mistakes like parameters that are not used.
- Pre-made modules for various open source products you can use as an example.
- Support for various formats including: PHP, Java properties, Gettext, YAML and AndroidXml (see full FFS list and File format support).
- A versatile plug-in system to make it easy to add new projects as a message group.
- Various statistics:
- translation completion percentages for all message groups in all supported languages;
- translation completion percentages in all supported languages for any supported message group;
- tool for making activity graphs for spans of time.
Can display either number of edits or active users daily or hourly and includes many filters;
- cloud overview of active languages and translators.
Translate extension, due to its large user base, is confirmed to be compatible with all reasonably recent browsers, except some minor (style) glitches which are quickly fixed.
Making Multilingual Wikis a Reality: this presentation shows how the Translate extension can make a wiki truly multilingual, based on the experience of KDE UserBase wiki.
Niklas Laxström, Translating the wiki way: Simple, fast, fun, Wikimania 2012 (slides available).
Kākoʻo a me palapala
- ʻIke iā Hoʻonoho ʻana
- ʻIke iā Configuration
- See User documentation — includes tutorials
- Live support at #translatewiki IRC channel at Libera Chat (best times are at European days and evenings)
- Please report all issues and feature requests in the issue tracker
Translate extension was originally developed by User:Nikerabbit; many other users, like User:Raymond, User:SPQRobin and the Wikimedia Language team, have contributed to its code and documentation. It is maintained by User:Nikerabbit and User:Siebrand.
Prominent users of the Translate extension
- https://translatewiki.net — The biggest wiki-based site and community for translation of the interface of open source software.
- https://userbase.kde.org — Documentation wiki for the KDE project which uses the page translation feature extensively.
- https://meta.wikimedia.org — Translates wiki content and uses the group states feature. Translation and translation review is enabled almost for all users of the wiki.
See more at notable uses of translatewiki.net on Wikipedia.
Tom Hutchison mai Joomla:
The Translate extension allows for connection to a translation service and can auto fill the translation for you. At the same time a translator can make adjustments so you're not creating lots of pages with inaccurate translations.
That's ok if they are on different continents. That is actually a plus because work is getting done 24 hours a day. What they need is a support group chat for each other. They would all be able to read English if they are translating right? Teach a few simple wiki markup such as links and what to do with categories. Then they help others who in turn help others. We have over 40 in a chat who help each other and have fun at the same time. And they were all scared of the wiki but couldn't believe how easy it was once they started. They are actually waiting on me for more translations to do because I can't keep up with them. I know there is only 1 translating this language or that language. We have that too. One person is doing Swahili while another one is working on Japanese. Also, you mark pages for translation. You control whether to include templates or exclude variables in template calls.
- Translatable template.
- Extension:TranslationNotifications – an extension to facilitate communication with translators.
- Help:Extension:Translate/Page translation example
Not to be confused with:
- Extension:ContentTranslation tool – used for one-off translation of wiki pages from one language to another.
- m:Abstract Wikipedia for translation.
Pehea e hāʻawi?
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|
|This extension is included in the following packages and/or wiki farms:|
- Stable extensions/haw
- Special page extensions/haw
- Internationalization extensions/haw
- API extensions/haw
- Parser function extensions/haw
- Extensions supporting Composer/haw
- GPL licensed extensions/haw
- Extensions in Wikimedia version control/haw
- AbortEmailNotification extensions/haw
- AbuseFilter-builder extensions/haw
- AbuseFilter-computeVariable extensions/haw
- AbuseFilterAlterVariables extensions/haw
- AdminLinks extensions/haw
- AlternateEdit extensions/haw
- ArticleContentOnDiff extensions/haw
- ArticleDeleteComplete extensions/haw
- ArticlePrepareTextForEdit extensions/haw
- ChangeTagsListActive extensions/haw
- ChangesListSpecialPageQuery extensions/haw
- ChangesListSpecialPageStructuredFilters extensions/haw
- CodeEditorGetPageLanguage extensions/haw
- DeleteAccount extensions/haw
- EditFilterMergedContent extensions/haw
- EditPage::showEditForm:initial extensions/haw
- GetPreferences extensions/haw
- LanguageGetTranslatedLanguageNames extensions/haw
- ListDefinedTags extensions/haw
- LoadExtensionSchemaUpdates extensions/haw
- MakeGlobalVariablesScript extensions/haw
- MergeAccountFromTo extensions/haw
- OutputPageParserOutput extensions/haw
- PageContentLanguage extensions/haw
- PageSaveComplete extensions/haw
- ParserAfterTidy extensions/haw
- ParserFirstCallInit extensions/haw
- ParserTestTables extensions/haw
- RevisionRecordInserted extensions/haw
- SkinTemplateNavigation::Universal extensions/haw
- SpecialRecentChangesPanel extensions/haw
- SpecialSearchProfileForm extensions/haw
- SpecialSearchProfiles extensions/haw
- SpecialSearchSetupEngine extensions/haw
- TitleIsAlwaysKnown extensions/haw
- Translate:newTranslation extensions/haw
- TranslateEventMessageMembershipChange extensions/haw
- TranslateEventTranslationReview extensions/haw
- TranslateInitGroupLoaders extensions/haw
- TranslateSupportedLanguages extensions/haw
- UserGetReservedNames extensions/haw
- GetUserPermissionsErrorsExpensive extensions/haw
- All extensions/haw
- Extensions used on Wikimedia/haw
- Extensions included in Miraheze/haw
- Extensions included in MyWikis/haw
- Localisation extensions/haw
- Menu extensions/haw
- Language Engineering/haw
- Dictionary extensions/haw