This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
Wikimedia has participated in Outreachy since 2013. Outreachy provides internships in open source and open science, to people subject to systemic bias and impacted by underrepresentation in the technical industry where they are living. It is a three-month, full-time internship and runs two editions every year. It is overseen by Wikimedia's Developer Advocacy team. Wikimedia provides funding for Outreachy internships. See full program timeline here.
Current and past editions
- Zhurakhinskaya, Marina. "Outreachy and the road toward diversity." Interview. Opensource.com. N.p., 24 August 2015. Web.
Check all the details about this round at the program page.
- September 12, 2014: participating organizations are announced
- September 12 – October 22, 2014: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it.
- September 22, 2014: application system opens; all participants need to sign in as candidates or mentors at https://opw.gnome.org/ (documentation for mentors)
- October 22, 2014: application deadline at 7pm UTC
- November 12, 2014: accepted participants announced at 7pm UTC
- December 9, 2014 - March 9, 2015: internship period
Instructions for interns and mentors:
- Check the lessons learned.
- Join https://phabricator.wikimedia.org and request to your mentors or the org admins to invite you to the OPW-9 project.
- Request a new Phabricator project.