|Outreachy:||Round 5 • Round 6 • Round 7 • Round 8 • Round 9 • Round 10 • Round 11 • Round 12 • Round 13 • Round 14 • Past projects|
Wikimedia is a proud participant of Outreachy (was FOSS Outreach Program for Women until 2014), a program that runs two editions every year. In this program we connect people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software with possible projects and possible mentors in a three-month, full-time internship.
Learn more about our motivation and goals to run this program: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
The MediaWiki community is participating in this initiative because we aim to:
- Make strong connections with a few talented people who will stick around
- Encourage people to work on testing, design, documentation, marketing, and other areas as well as code
- Increase the number and proportion of women in an open source community
- Promote age diversity as well
- Follow broader charters with interns and flex to accommodate their interests and abilities