This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
|1||Ela Opper (FoxyBrown)||Tel Aviv, Israel||"Remind me of this article in X days" MediaWiki notification||Matthew Flaschen and Moriel Schottlender|| Done Join Zulip
Done First Evaluation
Done Second Evaluation
|2||Medha Bansal (medha)||New Delhi, India||WikiEduDashboard: Allow Programs & Events Dashboard to make automatic edits on connected wikis||Jonathan Morgan, Sage Ross|| Done Join Zulip
Done Blog post on Medium.
|3||Sonali Gupta (mine0901)||Rajasthan, India||Document process for creating new Zotero translator and getting it live in production||Marielle Volz|| Done Introduce yourself on Wikitech-l
Done Join Zulip
Done Blog setup
Done Weekly reports on Phabricator
Done Blog post - 1
Done Blog post - 2
Done Blog post - 3
Done Blog post - 4
Done Blog post - 5
Done Blog post - 6
Done Blog post - 7
Done Blog post - 8
Done Blog post - 9
Recommended Steps for Current Interns
Internship Period (May 31st-August 30th)
- Continue working on your projects under the guidance of mentors.
- Continue writing weekly reports and linking them from Updates section above and here. We will be sharing your work with the community in a newsletter format once a month as we did in May.
- Join a bi-weekly chat on IRC channel #wikimedia-devrel to meet and greet with fellow Outreachy & GSOC participants and share with them about your work. The first meeting is on June 19th at 9 am PST. Learn more about the purpose of this meeting here.
Before the internship period kick-off (May 4th-30th)
By May 11th
- Verify your information listed on the under Accepted Projects section above.
- If you haven't yet subscribed to our mailing list email@example.com, please do so. Introduce yourself on this thread, share where you are from, a brief summary of project you will be contributing to this summer.
- Start communicating with your mentors on refining your project proposal, finalizing deadlines and setting milestones.
- You will receive an invitation to join a group chat on Zulip with other students and mentors of the program in a bit! All throughout the program for communication purposes, we will encourage candidates to be active on Zulip.
- If you haven’t yet setup a blog, please do so. We'll encourage you to submit weekly reports and link them from the Updates section in the table above. We'll also be sharing your work with our broader community through our social media channels.
- Please make sure you are aware of your responsibilities as a student.
By May 18th
- The first blogpost is due next Thursday i.e. May 18th, 2017 as indicated here. Every week, we’ll share your posts on Wikitech-I and through our social media channels
- Setup up your MediaWiki user page and keep it up to date with your project work and reports. Include in the user page a casual landscape picture of yourself in the actual place where you will work on your Outreachy project. You can upload the picture to Wikimedia Commons using the web interface or the Commons mobile app. Some example of user pages of previous interns:
- Add a Twitter DP size photo to the Name column in Accepted Projects above. Also, replace your Zulip avatar with this picture and add a small bio to your profile
- Use the group chat on Zulip to engage in conversations with other interns and mentors
- Interested in learning about other Wikimedia technical topics? Watch the videos here.
- As, and when you finish any of the above, report by adding on the Updates section in Accepted Projects above.