This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
Wikimedia will be taking part as a mentoring organization for Outreachy Round 22.
(borrowed from https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/)
|Feb. 1, 2021 at 4pm UTC||Initial applications open|
|Feb. 8, 2021, 4 p.m. UTC||#OutreachyChat on Twitter|
|Feb. 22, 2021 at 4pm UTC||Initial application deadline|
|March 28, 2021||Project list finalized|
|March 29, 2021 to April 30, 2021||Contribute to projects|
|April 30, 2021
at 4pm UTC
|Final application deadline|
|May 17, 2021 at 4pm UTC||Accepted interns announced|
|May 24, 2021
to Aug. 24, 2021
|Ammar A.||Nigeria||Synchronising Wikidata and Wikipedias using pywikibot||Mike Peel||Done Joined Zulip|
|Nirali Sahoo||India||Synchronising Wikidata and Wikipedias using pywikibot||Mike Peel||Done Joined Zulip|
|Slavina S||Lyon Area, France||Use PAWS to create a series of notebook based tutorials that help users access and work with data on Wikimedia projects||Srodlund, Isaac Johnson||Done Joined Zulip|
|Muniza A.||Karachi, Pakistan.||Build a tool for analyzing and visualizing reader navigation on wikipedia.||Martin Gerlach and Isaac Johnson||
Recommended steps for accepted interns
Ideas for projects
- Build a tool for analyzing and visualizing reader navigation on wikipedia mentored by Isaac Johnson and Martin Gerlach
- Create notebook based tutorials that help users access and work with data on Wikimedia projects mentored by Isaac Johnson and Sarah R.
- Synchronising Wikidata and Wikipedias using pywikibot mentored by Mike Peel
- Reach out for general questions on the gsoc21-outreachy22 Zulip chat (preferred), after reading Outreach programs/Zulip.
- Organization administrators for this round are: Pavithra Eswaramoorthy, Gopa Vasanth, Srishti Sethi and Ankit Maity.
- Read how to communicate effectively and get help on technical questions.
We encourage applicants to communicate in the public streams and refrain from sending private emails/messages whenever possible. Open communication allows fellow applicants to learn from your questions. It also gives all community members a chance to answer your queries. This way, queries get answered sooner and the administrators do not become a bottleneck. Also see our communication tips.