This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
Wikimedia is participating in Outreachy Round 17. Internship period runs from December 4th, 2018 to March 4th, 2019.
(borrowed from https://www.outreachy.org/communities/cfp/)
- Sept. 19, 2018 - Outreachy application period opens for applicants and most FOSS communities are listed
- Sept. 24, 2018 - Join the #OutreachyChat on Twitter to ask questions of Wikimedia coordinators, mentors and alums
- Oct. 2, 2018 - Last date for FOSS communities to sign up to participate
- Oct. 9, 2018 - Last date to add new Outreachy internship projects
- Oct. 30, 2018 - Outreachy application period ends for most communities
- Nov. 6, 2018 - Outreachy application period ends for communities with an extended deadline
- Nov. 16, 2018 - Interns are publicly announced at 4pm UTC
Ideas for projects
Projects will be showcased here: https://www.outreachy.org/december-2018-march-2019-outreachy-internships/communities/wikimedia/
|1.||Gueleu S. Farida||Douala, Littoral, Cameroon||Add a new Linter category for Wikimedia wikis||Subramanya Sastry||
|2.||T.Crespy||Buea, South West Region, Cameroon||Create an event setup wizard for Programs & Events Dashboard||Sage Ross and Pratyush Singhal and Urvashi Verma|
|3.||Marty Hernandez Avedon||New York, NY, US||MediaWiki Action API: Documentation improvements to the top 50 most viewed API pages on-wiki||Srishti Sethi, Sarah R.||
|4.||Giselle J||Pittsburgh, PA, US||QA: Automation Testing - port Echo Notification tests to Node.js||Etonkovidova||
|5.||BarbV||San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US||Quality Assurance: Improve and increase test coverage for various Wikimedia projects||Rummana Yasmeen and Etonkovidova||
Recommended steps for current interns
- During the internship period (Dec 4th-Mar 4th)
- Work on your projects under the guidance of mentors.
- Write bi-weekly reports and link them from Updates section and Bi-weekly Reports page.
- When you complete a task other than the coding work, for example, join Zulip, pass an evaluation phase, write a blogpost, make sure to add it to the Updates section. For reference, check previous round page.
- Before the internship period kick-off (Nov 16th-Dec 4th)
- Start communicating with your mentors on refining your project proposal, finalizing deadlines and setting milestones.
- Join Zulip that we will use to share program-related announcements and opportunities for participating in Wikimedia activities.
- (Optional) Upload your profile picture on Wikimedia Commons, and add it below your name in the Accepted projects table.
- (Optional) Stay in touch with Wikimedia community members and help them learn about you more:
Reach out for general questions about Outreachy on the Freenode IRC channel #wikimedia-devrel connect or to the organization administrator Srishti Sethi (ssethiwikimedia.org).