This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
Wikimedia is participating in Outreachy Round 18. Internship period runs from May 20th to August 20th, 2019.
(borrowed from https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/)
|Feb. 18, 2019||Applicants start making contributions to internship projects|
|March 5, 2019||Last date for new mentoring community listings|
|March 12, 2019||Last date for mentors to submit new internship project listings|
|March 26, 2019 at 4pm UTC||Application deadline. Last day to finish any contributions to internship projects. Applications who made a contribution must submit the rest of their project application by this date.|
|April 2, 2019 at 4pm UTC||Late application deadline for specific projects (see below for which projects are accepting late applications)|
|March 26, 2019 to May 6, 2019||Applicants are encouraged to continue making contributions|
|May 6, 2019||Accepted interns announced on the alums page at 4pm UTC|
|May 20, 2019 to Aug. 20, 2019||Internships period|
|Photo / Avatar
|Doris Zhou||Better understand impact of content translation tools||Isaac Johnson|| Done Joined Zulip
' Done' Created user page
' Done' first post
' Done' second post
|Jerop Brenda||Kenya||Documentation improvements to the ~20 top 70 most viewed MediaWiki Action API pages on-wiki||Srishti Sethi, Sarah Rodlund|
|Khyati Soneji||India||Improve Programs & Events Dashboard for use in the #1lib1ref campaign||Sage Ross, Wes Reid|
Recommended steps for current interns
Here are some recommended steps for current interns before the internship period kick-off:
- Refine your project proposal with guidance from mentors.
- Join Zulip to keep yourself up to date with the announcements related to the program and opportunities for participating in Wikimedia activities.
- Write blog posts (first due by May 20th) in a language you are most comfortable with and add it to the Bi-weekly Reports page.
- Add your updates about non-coding tasks (e.g., writing a blog post, joining Zulip, etc.) in the Accepted projects' Updates section above.
- Setup your MediaWiki user page, link it with your name in the accepted projects section above and keep it up to date with your project work and reports. (e.g., User:Martyav, User:Amrit_sreekumar)
- Stay in touch with Wikimedia technical discussions by subscribing to the mailing list: email@example.com.
- Read stories from across the Wikimedia movement on Wikimedia Foundation’s blog.
- Watch previous videos on Wikimedia technical topics here.