This page is obsolete. It is being retained for archival purposes. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on any information on this page.
Wikimedia is participating in Outreachy Round 18. Internship period runs from May 20th to August 20th, 2019.
(borrowed from https://www.outreachy.org/apply/project-selection/)
|Feb. 18, 2019||Applicants start making contributions to internship projects|
|March 5, 2019||Last date for new mentoring community listings|
|March 12, 2019||Last date for mentors to submit new internship project listings|
|March 26, 2019 at 4pm UTC||Application deadline. Last day to finish any contributions to internship projects. Applications who made a contribution must submit the rest of their project application by this date.|
|April 2, 2019 at 4pm UTC||Late application deadline for specific projects (see below for which projects are accepting late applications)|
|March 26, 2019 to May 6, 2019||Applicants are encouraged to continue making contributions|
|May 6, 2019||Accepted interns announced on the alums page at 4pm UTC|
|May 20, 2019 to Aug. 20, 2019||Internships period|
|Photo / Avatar
|Doris Zhou||Better understand impact of content translation tools||Isaac Johnson|| Done Joined Zulip
' Done' Created user page
' Done' first post
' Done' second post
|Jerop Brenda||Kenya||Documentation improvements to the ~20 top 70 most viewed MediaWiki Action API pages on-wiki||Srishti Sethi, Sarah Rodlund|
|Khyati Soneji||India||Improve Programs & Events Dashboard for use in the #1lib1ref campaign||Sage Ross, Wes Reid|
Recommended steps for current interns
Here are some recommended steps for current interns before the internship period kick-off:
- Refine your project proposal with guidance from mentors.
- Join Zulip to keep yourself up to date with the announcements related to the program and opportunities for participating in Wikimedia activities.
- Write blog posts (first due by May 20th) in a language you are most comfortable with and add it to the Bi-weekly Reports page.
- Add your updates about non-coding tasks (e.g., writing a blog post, joining Zulip, etc.) in the Accepted projects' Updates section above.
- Setup your MediaWiki user page, link it with your name in the accepted projects section above and keep it up to date with your project work and reports. (e.g., User:Martyav, User:Amrit_sreekumar)
- Stay in touch with Wikimedia technical discussions by subscribing to the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read stories from across the Wikimedia movement on Wikimedia Foundation’s blog.
- Watch previous videos on Wikimedia technical topics here.