This page is obsolete. It is kept for historical interest only. It may document extensions or features that are obsolete and/or no longer supported. Do not rely on the information here being up-to-date.
Wikimedia has participated in Outreachy since 2013. In this program, we connect people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software in a three-month, full-time internship and runs two editions every year. It is overseen by Wikimedia's Developer Relations team. Wikimedia provides funding for Outreachy internships.
Our Outreachy History
- Past Projects
- Round 17
- Round 16
- Round 15
- Round 14
- Round 13
- Round 12
- Round 11
- Round 10
- Round 9
- Round 8
- Round 7
- Round 6
- Round 5
- Zhurakhinskaya, Marina. "Outreachy and the road toward diversity." Interview. Opensource.com. N.p., 24 Aug. 2015. Web.
Check all the details about this round at the program page.
- September 12, 2014: participating organizations are announced
- September 12 – October 22, 2014: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it.
- September 22, 2014: application system opens; all participants need to sign in as candidates or mentors at https://opw.gnome.org/ (documentation for mentors)
- October 22, 2014: application deadline at 7pm UTC
- November 12, 2014: accepted participants announced at 7pm UTC
- December 9, 2014 - March 9, 2015: internship period
Instructions for interns and mentors:
- Check the lessons learned.
- Join https://phabricator.wikimedia.org and request to your mentors or the org admins to invite you to the OPW-9 project.
- Request a new Phabricator project.