Jump to navigation Jump to search
Wikimedia will be taking part as a mentoring organization for Outreachy Round 23.
|August 9, 2021 at 16:00 UTC||Initial applications open|
|August 23, 2021 at 16:00 UTC||#OutreachyChat on Twitter|
|September 3, 2021 at 16:00 UTC||Initial application deadline|
|September 30, 2021||Project list finalized|
|October 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021||Contribute to projects|
|October 31, 2021 at 16:00 UTC||Final application deadline|
|November 22, 2021 at 16:00 UTC||Accepted interns announced|
|Dec 6, 2021 to Mar 4, 2022||Internships period|
Ideas for projects
- Automatically matching new Wikipedia articles with Wikidata items using Python
- Create Documentation for MW-Docker
- Develop a tool for large-scale open image similarity
- Develop learning toolkits and videos to demonstrate the use of essential tools for Wikimedia
- Improve Wikidata support on Programs & Events Dashboard
- Refactor Mediawiki tests to use WebdriverIO Async
- Reach out for general questions on the outreachy23 Zulip chat (preferred), after reading Outreach programs/Zulip.
- Organization administrators for this round are: Gopa Vasanth, Srishti Sethi and Ankit Maity.
- Ask a technical question in the support places.
We encourage applicants to communicate in the public streams and refrain from sending private emails/messages whenever possible. Open communication allows fellow applicants to learn from your questions. It also gives all community members a chance to answer your queries. This way, queries get answered sooner and the administrators do not become a bottleneck. Also see: Communication tips and guidelines.