Phabricator is an open-source software development platform. In Wikimedia, many projects use Phabricator for project management, software bug reporting and feature requests (see How to report a bug). In the future it might get also used for code review in an integrated fashion.
For a basic overview what Phabricator is and can do, see these slides.
First missions include
- Creating your account
- Creating a task
- If you maintain projects: Creating a project and learning about project management in Phabricator.
- Learn to use Phabricator. Play and test in our Labs instance as much as you want. Check out the documentation and short videos on Phabricator/Help.
- Report bugs and feature-requests in the Phabricator software itself in the Phabricator project. See the Wikimedia Phabricator bug workflow for more details.
সাপ্তাহিক হালনাগাদ / রক্ষণাবেক্ষণ উইন্ডো
Phabricator doesn't have releases, and therefore it is up to us to decide how close do we want to follow the upstream version. There is a weekly window for updates and other maintenance tasks on Wednesdays at 5:00PM Pacific (Thursday Midnight, 0:00 UTC) (check your timezone) and users will get redirected to Phabricator/Maintenance. We don't necessarily update Phabricator every week, but we reserve this window to use as needed, usually twice per month, depending on the urgency of outstanding bugs fixed upstream. The expected downtime during this window is between 0 and 30 minutes.
- Test instance of Phabricator
- A short PDF presentation (with many screenshots) about the basics of Phabricator (given at WikiCon 2016)
- Task and project management with Wikimedia Phabricator, Quim Gil, Wikimedia Montreal, August 2017
- wikitech:Phabricator (technical information for administrators)