|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikimedia Beta Features.|
آزمائشي فيچرس جاري ڪرڻ کان اڳ توهان لاءِ وڪيپيڊيا ۽ ٻين وڪيميڊيا سائيٽس تي نيون فيچرس آزمائڻ جو هڪ طريقو آهن. Go to your preferences to enable Beta Features for yourself; remember enabling features works on a per site basis.
براء مهرباني هن پروگرام تي پنهنجي راءِهن بحث صفحيتي ڏيو.
The primary purpose of Beta Features is to allow for Wikimedia designers and engineers (from the Wikimedia Foundation and community alike) to roll out technical improvements in an environment where large numbers of users can test, give feedback, and use these features in real-world settings. The secondary purpose of Beta Features is to provide a path so that helpful, well-designed gadgets and other community code can be integrated into core after vetting, testing, and reviewing by Wikimedia Design and Engineering.
The code to provide features like this is in an extension, BetaFeatures. Beta Features' preferences are available in a Preferences tab, accessible via the personal bar at the top of the page for all logged-in users.
هن وقت، يوزرس ڪري سگهن ٿا:
- manually opt-in to individual features
- automatically enroll in all additional features as they are subsequently released[issue 1]
To use either function, users should select the appropriate checkbox, then click “سانڍيو,” which will save their Beta Features preferences (like with other preferences). Every now and then new features are made available to users, as outlined at Beta Features/Roadmap.
هاڻوڪيون آزمائشي فيچرس
هي اهي آزمائشي فيچرس آهن جن کي اسين هن وقت پنهنجي سرشتي ۾ آزمائي رهيا آهيون:
- Compact language links (lead: Pau Giner) – Show a shorter version of the language list, with just the languages that are more relevant to you.[note 1]
- Flow on user talk (lead: Roan Kattouw) – Enables a new structured discussion system on your user talk page.[note 2]
- Content translation (lead: Amir Aharoni) – A tool to quickly translate pages into your language with side-by-side editor.
- ORES (lead: Amir Sarabadani) – ORES is an AI-based tool that highlights probably damaging edits in recent changes and watchlist.[note 3]
- نئون وڪيلکت موڊ (lead: James Forrester) – نئين وڪيلکت موڊ کي وزيوئل ايڊيٽر اندر ڪارگر بڻايو. هن ۾ ڪيترائي اوزار آهن جيڪي وزيوئل ايڊيٽر ۾ ظاهر ٿيندا، ساڳي ڊزائين واري موڊ ۾، اها خصوصيت شامل آهي ته ٻنهي کي آساني سان تبديل ڪري سگھجي ٿو.
- ⧼twoColConflict-beta-feature-message⧽ (lead: Lea Voget) – Show the edit conflict view using a more advanced two column view.
- New filters for edit review (lead: Roan Kattouw) – A tool to improve edit review on Recent Changes page, with easier to handle filters, highlighting and, for certain wikis, user intent based on ORES predictions.
- ⧼codemirror-beta-title⧽ (lead: Danny Horn) – ⧼codemirror-beta-desc⧽[note 4]
We invite Wikimedia product teams and community volunteers who want to test out new features, or significant changes to existing features, to do so through this project.
- Only available on wikis which have the ULS tool alongside the language links in the sidebar.
- Only available on certain wikis.
- As of October 2016, this is only available on Wikidata and the English, Portuguese, Persian, Dutch, Polish, Russian and Turkish Wikipedias.
- Currently available of left-to-right language wikis. Right-to-left language support is ongoing.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beta Features icons.|
Current features gallery
Enable the new visual mode on revision difference pages.
See what other pages are nearby.
Creating your own
Do you want to create your own Beta Feature? Great! James is happy to help guide you.
First, you should check that your code meets the following basic requirements:
- Not significantly degrade site performance;
- Not noticeably degrade perceived performance of the site, or the user's system;
- Not crash the user's browser;
- Not cause data loss, or corruption;
- Pass basic interoperability with other Beta Features features; and[issue 2]
- Contribute positively to the user's experience of the site, and be additive in nature. E.g. Beta Features cannot be used to remove site features or functionality without adding features meant to replace what was removed.
- You should expect to test your new feature on the WMF pre-deploy beta server for at least one week before deploying to production. This testing period is intended to catch any serious bugs before jeopardizing users on production.
If you're happy your code meets these requirements, you should write-up your proposal on the New Features proposal page. As part of creating the Beta Feature, you will be asked for some text copy and an image to represent your feature in the user interface; the Design and Product teams can help you with this.
The appearance of the “آزمائشي خوبيون” tab in Preferences is purposefully different, to both inspire interest and propose a departure from the standard layout and complexity of the existing user preferences.
Here is a screenshot of the “آزمائشي خوبيون” preferences tab:
- Note that this currently doesn't enrol users until they visit the Preferences page. (phab:T64815)
- This is not to say that interoperability is a blocker. Interoperability issues need to be surfaced, and blocker-ness will be determined on a case-by-case basis.