|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikimedia Beta Features.|
Nodweddion Beta yw'r dull i chi brofi rhai nodweddion sy'n newydd i Wicipedia a'i chwiorydd, cyn iddynt gael eu rhyddhau i'r byd a'r betws. Ewch i'ch 'Dewisiadau' i alluogi'r nodweddio hyn i weithio. Maen nhw ar gyfer un prosiect yn unig (ee Wicipedia neu Wicidata).
Gadewch i ni wybod eich barn am y rhaglen hon ar ddalen Sgwrs.
The primary purpose of Beta Features is to allow for Wikimedia designers and engineers (from the Wikimedia Foundation and community alike) to roll out technical improvements in an environment where large numbers of users can test, give feedback, and use these features in real-world settings. The secondary purpose of Beta Features is to provide a path so that helpful, well-designed gadgets and other community code can be integrated into core after vetting, testing, and reviewing by Wikimedia Design and Engineering.
The code to provide features like this is in an extension, BetaFeatures. Beta Features' preferences are available in a Preferences tab, accessible via the personal bar at the top of the page for all logged-in users.
Ar hyn o bryd, gall defnyddwyr:
- optio i fewn i nodweddio unigol
- dewis y cwbwl lot, yn awtomatig, fel y cant eu rhyddhau[issue 1]
To use either function, users should select the appropriate checkbox, then click “Cadw,” which will save their Beta Features preferences (like with other preferences). Every now and then new features are made available to users, as outlined at Beta Features/Roadmap.
Nodweddion Beta Cyfoes
Dyma'r nodweddion cyfoes rydym yn eu profi:
- Content translation (lead: Amir Aharoni) – A tool to quickly translate pages into your language with side-by-side editor.
- New wikitext mode (lead: James Forrester) – Enable the new wikitext mode inside the visual editor. It has many of the tools present in the visual editor, uses a similar design, and allows better switching between the two.
- Two column edit conflict (lead: Lea Voget) – Show the edit conflict view using a more advanced two column view.
- FileExporter (lead: Lea Voget) – Allows for easy exporting of files to Wikimedia Commons.
- Visual differences (lead: Ed Sanders) – Enable the new visual mode on revision difference pages.
- TemplateWizard (lead: Niharika Kohli) – TemplateWizard allows you to add templates to wiki pages quickly and easily from WikiEditor. It makes use of TemplateData to show descriptions for templates and their parameters. It also allows for searching for wiki pages and Commons images for template input from the editor itself.
- PHP7 (lead: Giuseppe Lavagetto) – Try using PHP7, intended to improve general browsing and editing performance.
These features are only available on some wikis:
- VisualEditor (lead: Roan Kattouw) – Galluogi'r VisualEditor. Ni fydd ar gael ar dudalennau sgwrs nac ar rai parthau eraill.
- Flow on user talk (lead: Roan Kattouw) – Enables a new structured discussion system on your user talk page.
- Entity suggestions from constraint definitions (lead: Jonas Kress) – Enable entity suggestions derived from constraint definitions on property pages.
We invite Wikimedia product teams and community volunteers who want to test out new features, or significant changes to existing features, to do so through this project.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beta Features icons.|
Current features gallery
(lead: Niharika Kohli)
TemplateWizard allows you to add templates to wiki pages quickly and easily from WikiEditor. It makes use of TemplateData to show descriptions for templates and their parameters. It also allows for searching for wiki pages and Commons images for template input from the editor itself.
See what other pages are nearby.
Creu eich hunain
Beth am fynd ati i greu Nodwedd Beta? Gwych! Mae James yn fwy na bodlon eich helpu.
First, you should check that your code meets the following basic requirements:
- Not significantly degrade site performance;
- Not noticeably degrade perceived performance of the site, or the user's system;
- Not crash the user's browser;
- Not cause data loss, or corruption;
- Pass basic interoperability with other Beta Features features; and[issue 2]
- Contribute positively to the user's experience of the site, and be additive in nature. E.g. Beta Features cannot be used to remove site features or functionality without adding features meant to replace what was removed.
- You should expect to test your new feature on the WMF pre-deploy beta server for at least one week before deploying to production. This testing period is intended to catch any serious bugs before jeopardizing users on production.
If you're happy your code meets these requirements, you should write-up your proposal on the New Features proposal page. As part of creating the Beta Feature, you will be asked for some text copy and an image to represent your feature in the user interface; the Design and Product teams can help you with this.
The appearance of the “Nodweddion beta” tab in Preferences is purposefully different, to both inspire interest and propose a departure from the standard layout and complexity of the existing user preferences.
Here is a screenshot of the “Nodweddion beta” preferences tab:
- Note that this currently doesn't enrol users until they visit the Preferences page. (phab:T64815)
- This is not to say that interoperability is a blocker. Interoperability issues need to be surfaced, and blocker-ness will be determined on a case-by-case basis.