|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikimedia Beta Features.|
Nodweddion Beta yw'r dull i chi brofi rhai nodweddion sy'n newydd i Wicipedia a'i chwiorydd, cyn iddynt gael eu rhyddhau i'r byd a'r betws. Ewch i'ch 'Dewisiadau' i alluogi'r nodweddio hyn i weithio. Maen nhw ar gyfer un prosiect yn unig (ee Wicipedia neu Wicidata).
Gadewch i ni wybod eich barn am y rhaglen hon ar ddalen Sgwrs.
The primary purpose of Beta Features is to allow for Wikimedia designers and engineers (from the Wikimedia Foundation and community alike) to roll out technical improvements in an environment where large numbers of users can test, give feedback, and use these features in real-world settings. The secondary purpose of Beta Features is to provide a path so that helpful, well-designed gadgets and other community code can be integrated into core after vetting, testing, and reviewing by Wikimedia Design and Engineering.
The code to provide features like this is in an extension, BetaFeatures. Beta Features' preferences are available in a Preferences tab, accessible via the personal bar at the top of the page for all logged-in users.
Ar hyn o bryd, gall defnyddwyr:
- optio i fewn i nodweddio unigol
- dewis y cwbwl lot, yn awtomatig, fel y cant eu rhyddhau[issue 1]
To use either function, users should select the appropriate checkbox, then click “Cadw,” which will save their Beta Features preferences (like with other preferences). Every now and then new features are made available to users, as outlined at Beta Features/Roadmap.
Nodweddion Beta Cyfoes
Dyma'r nodweddion cyfoes rydym yn eu profi:
- Lleihau'r rhestr o ieithoedd (sylwer: Pau Giner) — dangos fersiwn grynno o'r rhestr ieithoedd, gyda rhai ieithoedd perthnasol i chi yn unig.[note 1]
- Flow on user talk (lead: Roan Kattouw) – Enables a new structured discussion system on your user talk page.[note 2]
- Content translation (lead: Amir Aharoni) – A tool to quickly translate pages into your language with side-by-side editor.
- ORES (lead: Amir Sarabadani) – ORES is an AI-based tool that highlights probably damaging edits in recent changes and watchlist.[note 3]
- New wikitext mode (lead: James Forrester) – Enable the new wikitext mode inside the visual editor. It has many of the tools present in the visual editor, uses a similar design, and allows better switching between the two.
- ⧼twoColConflict-beta-feature-message⧽ (lead: Lea Voget) – Show the edit conflict view using a more advanced two column view.
- New filters for edit review (lead: Roan Kattouw) – A tool to improve edit review on Recent Changes page, with easier to handle filters, highlighting and, for certain wikis, user intent based on ORES predictions.
- ⧼codemirror-beta-title⧽ (lead: Danny Horn) – ⧼codemirror-beta-desc⧽[note 4]
We invite Wikimedia product teams and community volunteers who want to test out new features, or significant changes to existing features, to do so through this project.
- Ar gyfer wicis sydd a'r teclun USL gyda'r rhestr ieithoedd yn y ddewislen ochr.
- Only available on certain wikis.
- As of October 2016, this is only available on Wikidata and the English, Portuguese, Persian, Dutch, Polish, Russian and Turkish Wikipedias.
- Currently available of left-to-right language wikis. Right-to-left language support is ongoing.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Beta Features icons.|
Current features gallery
Enable the new visual mode on revision difference pages.
See what other pages are nearby.
Creu eich hunain
Beth am fynd ati i greu Nodwedd Beta? Gwych! Mae James yn fwy na bodlon eich helpu.
First, you should check that your code meets the following basic requirements:
- Not significantly degrade site performance;
- Not noticeably degrade perceived performance of the site, or the user's system;
- Not crash the user's browser;
- Not cause data loss, or corruption;
- Pass basic interoperability with other Beta Features features; and[issue 2]
- Contribute positively to the user's experience of the site, and be additive in nature. E.g. Beta Features cannot be used to remove site features or functionality without adding features meant to replace what was removed.
- You should expect to test your new feature on the WMF pre-deploy beta server for at least one week before deploying to production. This testing period is intended to catch any serious bugs before jeopardizing users on production.
If you're happy your code meets these requirements, you should write-up your proposal on the New Features proposal page. As part of creating the Beta Feature, you will be asked for some text copy and an image to represent your feature in the user interface; the Design and Product teams can help you with this.
The appearance of the “Nodweddion beta” tab in Preferences is purposefully different, to both inspire interest and propose a departure from the standard layout and complexity of the existing user preferences.
Here is a screenshot of the “Nodweddion beta” preferences tab:
- Note that this currently doesn't enrol users until they visit the Preferences page. (phab:T64815)
- This is not to say that interoperability is a blocker. Interoperability issues need to be surfaced, and blocker-ness will be determined on a case-by-case basis.