|Outreachy:||Round 5 • Round 6 • Round 7 • Round 8 • Round 9 • Round 10 • Round 11 • Past projects|
Wikimedia is a proud participant of Outreachy (was FOSS Outreach Program for Women until 2014), a program that runs two editions every year. In this program we connect people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software with possible projects and possible mentors in a three-month, full-time internship.
Learn more about our motivation and goals to run this program: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
Timeline[edit | edit source]
Check all the details about this round at the program page.
- February 24: application period opens
- February 24 – March 19: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it
- 11 March: Wikimedia IRC meeting (logs)
- March 19: application deadline at 7pm UTC
- April 21: accepted participants announced on this page at 7pm UTC
- May 19 – August 18: internship period
- May 20: GSoC & OPW IRC meeting (logs)
- August 19: GSoC & FOSS OPW wrap-up meeting on IRC; #wikimedia-office @ 3pm UTC
We advise all candidates eligible to Google Summer of Code 2014 to apply to both programs.
Status[edit | edit source]
Reporting progress is essential in free software projects. Good reports are concise, they highlight relevant progress/blockers, and they link to bug reports, patches, or other interesting pages.
Participants are required to share Updates about their projects:
- initial announcement on Wikitech-l
- initial microtasks completed
- community bonding report by 25 May including links to
- goals for the first half of the internship
- communication plan
- lessons learned since 21 April
- first weekly report by 30 May
- project wrap-up post by 20 August