|Outreachy:||Round 5 • Round 6 • Round 7 • Round 8 • Round 9 • Round 10 • Round 11 • Round 12 • Past projects|
Wikimedia is a proud participant of Outreachy (was FOSS Outreach Program for Women until 2014), a program that runs two editions every year. In this program we connect people from groups underrepresented in free and open source software with possible projects and possible mentors in a three-month, full-time internship.
Learn more about our motivation and goals to run this program: FLOSS internship programs as catalysts for richer community collaboration.
Check all the details about this round at the program page.
- February 24: application period opens
- February 24 – March 19: applicants need to get in touch with at least one project and make a contribution to it
- 11 March: Wikimedia IRC meeting (logs)
- March 19: application deadline at 7pm UTC
- April 21: accepted participants announced on this page at 7pm UTC
- May 19 – August 18: internship period
- May 20: GSoC & OPW IRC meeting (logs)
- August 19: GSoC & FOSS OPW wrap-up meeting on IRC; #wikimedia-office @ 3pm UTC
We advise all candidates eligible to Google Summer of Code 2014 to apply to both programs.
Reporting progress is essential in free software projects. Good reports are concise, they highlight relevant progress/blockers, and they link to bug reports, patches, or other interesting pages.
Participants are required to share Updates about their projects:
- initial announcement on Wikitech-l
- initial microtasks completed
- community bonding report by 25 May including links to
- goals for the first half of the internship
- communication plan
- lessons learned since 21 April
- first weekly report by 30 May
- project wrap-up post by 20 August