User:Discoveranjali/OPW Progress Report
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Community Bonding Period
- 2 May 2014
- 3 June 2014
- 4 July 2014
- 5 August 2014
Community Bonding Period
Lessons learned since 21 April
- I shall be working in close collaboration with another OPW intern Helen Helbert who shall be focusing mainly on documentation enhancement and GuidedTours extensions.
- Learned the technique of working in collaboration with people in different time zones, efficiently.
- Learned about Trello; a great place to collaborate our work and maintain the status of progress.
- Got better command on using IRC for communication over email conversation.
- Learned about the complex copyright issues involved with use and publishing of any content online.
- Explored various image-editing tools, learned their usage and used some for creating Wikidata headers.
- Introduction and discussion with the Wikidata community through the Wikidata discussion list
- Weekly meeting with Helen and Lydia over at Google Hangout or on freenode
- Illustration of drafts on Google Documents (or similar platform)
- Regular reporting of progress on my blog
- Regular reporting of the progress and problems encountered via emails to the mentor and Wikidata discussion list
- Discussions about OPW, Wikidata, my project and its issues over #opw on irc.gnome.org
- Use of Trello for project management and task tracking
Deliverables (Before Mid-term Evaluation)
- Headers for Wikidata profile on Social media sites; Facebook and Twitter as for now
- Social media calendar for May,2014-October,2014
- Presentation serving as tutorial for the step-wise initial contributions to Wikidata [Optional]
- Write-up of idea for mobile application and mock-up preparation [Optional]
Week 1: May 19 to May 25
- Documented ideas for Headers(Draft-1) and demonstrated them to my mentor over Google Doc
- Attended ECT Meeting at on 20th May, 16:00 UTC
- Created more headers(Draft-2) based on ideas selected by mentor out of all the ideas proposed
- Social media calendar for May,2014
- Proposed a Facebook group for Wikidata targeted to college youth
- Created a Facebook group(as proposed) 'Wikidata Creds' for my institution
Week 2: May 26 to June 1
- Learned about copyright issues involved with images used for headers.
- Embedded author attribution involved with copyrighted content into images used for media calendar
- Rendered next draft(Draft-3) of Headers for mentor review
- Regular posts about Wikidata to the Facebook group created
- Attended Welcome meeting for OPW Interns on #opw (irc.gnome.org) on 27th May, 15:00 UTC
Week 3: June 2 to June 8
- Completed Social media calendar for June,2014
- Created and got reviewed(by Lydia) the Email draft for Copyright Holders
- Scanned Wikidata profile on Facebook and Twitter and generated a report about posts that attained most interest
- Rough plan and proposal of an automated tool for filtering interest generators on Wikidata social media profiles
Week 4: June 9 to June 15
- Completed Social media calendar for July,2014
- Collection of email contacts of copyright holders of images used for Headers
- Mailed all concerned copyright holders seeking permission for using some images authored by them
- Exploring Facebook API(s) as part of creating an automation script
Week 5: June 16 to June 22
- Completed Social media calendar for August,2014
- Started work on a List of prospective Showcase Items to assist tweets/posts about Showcasing them
- Developed a script for automated email reminders for events from 'Social media calendar' and embedded it to the Calendar
- Added LGBT task force to the Wikidata summary of the week before 2014-06-21
- Witnessed a contradiction on Wikipedia while working on the social media calendar and commented on the talk page
- Posts/tweets relevant to Showcasing Items on Wikidata Creds, Twitter, Google+ etc.
Week 6: June 23 to June 29
- Completed Social media calendar for September,2014
- Final draft of Headers completed including new headers for Google+ profile
- Contributed to announcement regarding Wikidata participation in Wikimania 2014
- Submitted OPW mid-term evaluation report
Week 7: June 29 to July 5
- Completed Social media Calendar for October,2014
- Added items in preparation to be Showcased to 'List of Prospective Items for Showcase'
- Created a draft of ideas layout of Slideshow tutorials
Week 8: July 6 to July 12
- Analysis of past presentations developed for Wikidata meetups, as part of development of Slideshow tutorials for Wikidata workshops
- Studied the documentation on introduction to Wikidata' by Helen (for slideshow content)
- Analysed Wikidata Statistics for the same
Week 9: July 13 to July 19
- Reworked the automated script for social media message calendar email reminder.
- Worked on the first draft of slideshow tutorial aiming at introduction to Wikidata
- Surfed through Twitter and other online sources as part of study to start interactive online discussions on social profiles of Wikidata
Week 10: July 20 to July 26
- Proposed and started a list of topics for interactive discussions pertaining to Wikidata on social media
- Improved on review the first draft for slideshow 'Introduction to Wikidata'
- Reviewed Portal Redesign draft by Helen and rendered feedback
Week 11: July 27 to August 3
- Completed Social media calendar for November, 2014
- Completed the first draft of slideshow tutorial for introduction to Wikidata
- Completed a list of topics for interactive discussions on social media for Wikidata
Week 12: August 4 to August 10
- Received reviews from mentor for improvement of the first draft of slideshow tutorial created
- Added more topics to topics for interactive discussions on social media based on suggestions and ideas received
- Created some images and plan layout for initial Wikidata discussion topics on its online social profiles