- Annual Plan for Product 2017-2018
- Annual Plan for Product 2016-2017
- 2016 Product Summary
- 2015 Product & Technology Review
- Technical Collaboration Guideline
- Development Principles
- Design Statement of Purpose
- Data and research information for products
- Monthly Research Showcases.
- Community Health Initiative
- Structured Data on Commons
- القراء الجدد — on-going research that focuses on understanding potential Wikimedia readers in countries where access to the Internet is quickly growing.
- New Editor Experiences
- Audience Research
Audiences-Community Interaction Events
- 2017 Dev Summit: San Francisco, United States
- 2017 Wikimedia Conference: Berlin, Germany
- 2017 Hackathon: Vienna, Austria
- 2017 Wikimania: Montréal, Canada
An Audience team covers a set of features developed according to specific user flows and needs.
We build the anonymous path of discovery to a trusted and relevant source of knowledge.
- الصفحة: Discovery
- Product Lead: Deb Tankersley
- Engineering Lead: Erika Bjune
- Phabricator task boards: Search (Sprint), Interactive, Portal, WDQS, Analysis (Sprint)
- المشاريع: Maps, Search, Wikidata Query Service, Portal
|الإحصاء||Long-term Trend|| Monthly
|M/M ±||Y/Y ±|
|Zero Rate (with bots)||21%||-8.70%||-8.70%|
|User Perceived Load Time||570ms||+2.52%||+5.56%|
|محدث 2018-01-02; المصدر: Discovery Dashboard|
- Inter-wiki search is here! An A/B test of a new search results page which includes inter-wiki search results was deployed to Persian, Italian, Catalan and Polish Wikipedias. Take a look and give us feedback!
We build collaborative, inclusive tools for creating and editing free knowledge.
- الصفحة: Contributors
- Phabricator task boards: #Contributors-Team; #Collaboration-Team-Current, #ContentTranslation-Release8, #Parsoid, #VisualEditor
- الفرق: Editing, Collaboration, Language, Parsing plus Design and Product
|الإحصاء||Two-year trend|| Monthly
|M/M ±||Y/Y ±|
|Monthly active editors||79 600||–3.9%||–1.7%|
|—of which new (first-month)||14 400||–14.5%||–12.9%|
|—of which second-month||4 150||–9.2%||–7.0%|
|—of which existing||61 000||–0.5%||1.7%|
|Monthly non-bot edits||19.9 M||–13.7%||–1.6%|
|Monthly mobile edits||1 021 000||3.4%||26.1%|
|—as % of non-bot edits||5.1%|
|New editor retention rate||7.4%||8.3%||4.6%|
For further documentation, see Contributors/Metrics.
Among active editors, the overall pattern remains one of great stability among existing active editors and decline among new editors. This month’s new editor decline was particularly dramatic.
Growth of mobile edits remains strong, although it has slowed significantly from its 200% year-over-year pace in 2015 and early 2016.
New editor retention increased to its highest rate in the past 3 years. However, just 5 months ago it was close to its lowest level of the past 3 years, so it’s unclear whether this is a lasting shift.
- Neil Patel Quinn is supporting the New Editor Experiences project for Contributors; he is currently helping lead the focus selection and idea generation stage.
- The filters on Recent Changes beta feature now lets you save sets of filters, with further improvements coming soon.
- The Linter tool, which helps editors find and highlight wikitext errors, is now available on all wikis except the largest (like MediaWiki.org – see the linting index page). We will release it to the remaining wikis soon, once performance concerns are addressed.
- Improvements to Content Translation to replace its editor with the same platform as the visual editor continue.
- In the visual editor, you can now see visual diffs as you edit. We will improve and expand it in the weeks ahead.
- Our work on deploying Compact Language Links out of beta (T66793) is nearing completion. It is available to everyone on all wikis except two Wikipedias, English and German. (T136677)
- Our work to release the visual editor to all Wikipedias is now almost complete. There are now outstanding only the eight multi-script Wikipedias (including Chinese) which are technologically blocked, on which we're working with Parsing. There are also three other Wikipedias in incomplete deployment states (English, Spanish and Dutch), for which work is paused pending the new wikitext editor release, and won't resume until some point, probably in mid-to-late-2017.
We build exceptional learning and reading experiences for the sum of all knowledge.
- الصفحة: Reading
- Lead: Toby Negrin
- Phabricator task board: #reading
- الفرق: Mobile Apps, Desktop & Mobile Web, Reading Infrastructure
- Reading code responsibility
|Pageviews[r 1][r 2]||15.2 B||-3.1%|
|… Desktop[r 1][r 2]||7.4 B||-11.6%|
|… Mobile Web[r 1][r 2]||7.6 B||+5.6%|
|… Global North[r 1][r 3]||11.1 B||-5.2%|
|Unique Devices (enwiki)||777 m||N/A|
|Android Uniques||5.52 m||N/A|
|Android Installs||18.4 k/d||-9.3%|
|iOS Downloads[r 4]||4.3 k/d||-39.1%|
|Updated November 18, 2017. For some analysis of longer-term trends, see also the quarterly core Reading metrics overview for Q1 and the Readership metrics reports.
- The year-over-year drop in total traffic observed since the last two months continued in October.
Technical work supporting the core community of the Wikimedia projects
Wikidata is a free and open knowledge base that can be read and edited by both humans and machines. This project is maintained by the Software Development & Engineering department at Wikimedia Deutschland.
- الصفحة: Wikidata
- Lead: Lydia Pintscher
- Phabricator bugs & tasks board: #wikidata
- Discussion List: firstname.lastname@example.org
WMDE Fiscal Year 2016
WMDE Fiscal Year 2017