Publicatie status: stable
|Uitvoeren||Special page, Locale, API, Parser function|
|Beschrijving||Enables in-wiki translation and proofreading|
|Auteur(s)||Niklas Laxström, Siebrand Mazeland en anderen|
|Laatste Verie||Dated snapshots from time to time|
|Licentie||GPL 2.0 or later|
|Download||Included in Language Extension Bundle
|Voorbeeld||Translatewiki.net – of probeer hoe een pagina vertaald moet worden|
Translate the Translate/nl extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
The Translate extension makes MediaWiki a powerful tool to translate every kind of text. It's used especially to translate software and to manage multilingual wikis in a sensible way.
The Translate extension has many features specifically targeted to translators, while making back-end integration with actual source code as easy as possible. Meanwhile, everything runs inside MediaWiki, which allows users an almost endless degree of freedom for communication and self-organization.
- Structured wiki content page translation.
- In-wiki localisation and exporting of software interface messages (or just about anything).
- AJAX enabled web-based translation and proofreading in supported browsers (new "TUX" interface since March 2013), as well as gettext based export and import for off-line translation.
- Various aids to make the job of translators easier:
- display of translations in globally defined other languages, optionally expanded with user defined languages;
- collaborative editing of documentation of the use and context of messages;
- translation memory and machine translation with external tools (tmserver, Apertium, Microsoft Translator, Yandex.Translate);
- display of the latest change in the source message;
- warnings about common mistakes like parameters that are not used.
- Pre-made modules for various open source products you can use as an example.
- A versatile plug-in system to make it easy to add new projects as a message group.
- Various statistics (requires PHPlot for graphics):
- translation completion percentages for all message groups in all supported languages;
- translation completion percentages in all supported languages for any supported message group;
- tool for making activity graphs for spans of time. Can display either number of edits or active users daily or hourly and includes many filters;
- cloud overview of active languages and translators.
Translate extension, due to its large user base, is confirmed to be compatible with all reasonably recent browsers, except some minor (style) glitches which are quickly fixed.
Ondersteuning en documentatie
Translate extension is using continuous development model, which means we are not doing any releases. You should get the latest version from git and update from time to time to get new features and bug fixes. The core functionality is pretty stable, but there may be bigger changes from time to time. We might start doing actual releases if there is enough interest.
- See Installation
- See Configuration
- See User documentation — includes tutorials
- Live ondersteuning in het IRC-kanaal #mediawiki-i18n op Freenode (aangeraden tijden zijn in de middagen en avonden in Europa)
- Code documentatie
- Please report all issues and feature requests in the issue tracker
Translate extension was originally developed by User:Nikerabbit; many other users, like User:Raymond, User:SPQRobin and the Wikimedia Language Engineering team, have contributed to its code and documentation. It is maintained by User:Nikerabbit and User:Siebrand.
Prominent users of the Translate extension
- https://translatewiki.net — The biggest wiki-based site and community for translation of the interface of open source software.
- http://userbase.kde.org — Documentation wiki for KDE project which uses the page translation feature extensively.
- http://meta.wikimedia.org — Translates wiki content and uses the group states feature. Translation and translation review is enabled almost for all users of the wiki.
See more at Wikipedia:translatewiki.net#Notable uses.
Tom Hutchison of Joomla:
The Translate extension allows for connection to a translation service and can auto fill the translation for you. At the same time a translator can make adjustments so you're not creating lots of pages with inaccurate translations.
That's ok if they are on different continents. That is actually a plus because work is getting done 24 hours a day. What they need is a support group chat for each other. They would all be able to read English if they are translating right? Teach a few simple wiki markup such as links and what to do with categories. Then they help others who in turn help others. We have over 40 in a chat who help each other and have fun at the same time. And they were all scared of the wiki but couldn't believe how easy it was once they started. They are actually waiting on me for more translations to do because I can't keep up with them. I know there is only 1 translating this language or that language. We have that too. One person is doing Swahili while another one is working on Japanese. Also, you mark pages for translation. You control whether to include templates or exclude variables in template calls.
- Extension:TranslationNotifications — an extension to facilitate communication with translators.
How to contribute
- Vertaal deze extensie op translatewiki.net
- Open bugs and feature requests
- More open bugs and feature requests at translatewiki.net
- Proofread and translate the documentation of Translate extension
Failed to load RSS feed from https://git.wikimedia.org/feed/mediawiki/extensions/Translate.git: Error fetching URL: Received HTTP code 403 from proxy after CONNECT
|Deze uitbreiding wordt gebruikt op een of meerdere wikis van de Wikimedia Foundation. Dit betekent dat de uitbreiding stabiel is en goed genoeg werkt om gebruikt te worden door een dergelijke website met veel verkeer. Een volledige lijst van de uitbreidingen geïnstalleerd op MediaWiki.org is beschikbaar op de speciale pagina met informatie over de softwareversie.|