All Wikimedia-project-related (native) mobile applications. Each app is developed by a team of engineers specific to that platform. For general questions about the Wikipedia apps, see:
Download the Apps
- Get the Wikipedia iOS app from the App Store.
- Get the Wikipedia Android app from the Google Play Store, from F-Droid, or manually install our current or previous APKs.
- iOS Betas are distributed using the Apple TestFlight system. Fill out this form to enroll.
- Once enrolled you will receive an invitation when the next beta is available. Tap through on that invitation on your iOS device and follow the instructions to install.
- Install the Wikipedia Beta app from the Google Play Store to experiment and provide feedback on features that are currently in development.
- If you want to be on the bleeding edge, install the Wikipedia Alpha app to see what features we're experimenting with!
- Project page on on how to become an app dev
- Translate strings
- The team
- mobile-l mailing list
- Freenode webchat on the #wikimedia-mobile channel
Why make apps?
- Why do we make apps?
- Check out our initial blog post to see more of our reasoning for releasing apps.
- Some members of the team were at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2016 in Jerusalem, March 31st-April 3rd.
- Activities of the Wikimedia Apps team at the Wikimedia Hackathon 2015 in Lyon, France 23-25 May.