출시 상태: 안정
|설명||수학 공식을 표현하는 것을 허용함|
Tomasz Wegrzanowski, Brion Vibber 등 등
|최신 버전||continuous updates|
|라이선스||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Math 확장 기능 번역 (translatewiki.net에서 가능한 경우)
|사용법과 버전 매트릭스를 확인합니다.|
|미해결 작업 · 버그 보고|
The Math extension provides support for rendering mathematical formulae. An overview of what can currently be done with this extension is found at the English Wikipedia's documentation.
More information about installing and configuring this extension, including for older versions, can be found at Extension:Math/advancedSettings.
The Math extension tries to deliver MathML output, with fallback to SVG or PNG images respectively. Depending on the capabilities of the device you are using, the sort of output is chosen. Basic math support works for all browsers. However, for optimal rendering specific tuning may be needed:
- For Firefox or other Gecko browsers, it is required to install the Native MathML extension and math fonts. Accessibility support is provided by NVDA, VoiceOver or Orca. Additionally, NVDA requires the MathPlayer plugin to read mathematics.
- For Safari or other WebKit browsers, you may also install math fonts and enable native MathML rendering by inserting some CSS rules into the custom style sheet of your browser preference.
- For Chrome you must insert some CSS rules into the custom style sheet of your browser preference in order to get accessibility support via ChromeVox or visual rendering via the MathJax plugin.
- In some versions of Internet Explorer, it is possible to use MathPlayer as an assistive technology.
- Vagrant를 사용하고 있는 경우에는,
vagrant roles enable math --provision로 설치해주세요
=== 수동 설치 ===
- 파일을 다운로드해서,
Math이라는 이름의 디렉터리 내에 설치합니다.
- 아래의 코드를 LocalSettings.php의 말미에 추가합니다:
wfLoadExtension( 'Math' ); // See below for installation requirements and configuration settings:
- 갱신 스크립트를 실행합니다. 이 스크립트는 이 확장기능을 필요로 하는 데이터 베이스 테이블을 자동적으로 작성합니다.
- To see math beyond a plain text output, follow instructions below for enabling various math output modes.
- 완료 – 위키의 ‘Special:Version’에 이동해서, 확장기능이 올바르게 설치된 것을 확인합니다.
미디어위키 1.24 이하를 실행 중인 사용자에게:
wfLoadExtension()을 사용하여 이 확장기능을 설치하는 새로운 방법을 기술합니다
wfLoadExtension( 'Math' ); 대신 이 초기 버전(미디어위키 1.24 이하)에 이 확장기능을 설치하려면 다음을 사용해야 합니다:
You should additionally go to the page Special:MathStatus to see whether all of the components of the Math extension now work. For any problems you see, the best option is to create a task on https://phabricator.wikimedia.org
In addition, there is a Guide for Installing and Setting up Mediawiki with Restbase and Mathoid in MW1.28.
Math output modes
The setting $wgMathValidModes holds an array with the names of output modes that can be used for rendering. If multiple modes are enabled, logged-in users can set a personal preference in the appearance pane of their user preferences page.
You can also use the $wgDefaultUserOptions setting to set which of these modes should be the default, e.g.:
$wgDefaultUserOptions['math'] = 'mathml';
Mode: 'mathml' (pre-July 2015: MW_MATH_MATHML)
For MW 1.23 and higher, you can use a Mathoid server that uses MathJax to convert texvc input on the server side to MathML+SVG rendering. This is the most recommended option; Mathoid is the rendering mode that will be used on Wikipedia in the future.
Mathoid as a service
To use Mathoid as a service, resulting in performance benefits, the following settings are recommended:
// Set MathML as default rendering option $wgDefaultUserOptions['math'] = 'mathml'; $wgMathFullRestbaseURL = 'https://en.wikipedia.org/api/rest_';
Mathoid's CLI interface
To use Mathoid's CLI interface, which is possibly easier to set up and resulting in less permanent memory consumption, while degrading performance, the following settings are recommended:
// Set MathML as default rendering option $wgDefaultUserOptions['math'] = 'mathml'; // Please create a config.yaml in advance. Templates are in the Mathoid repository. $wgMathoidCli = ['/path/to/mathoid/cli.js', '-c', '/path/to/mathoid/config.yaml']; // Raise MediaWiki's memory limit to 1.2G for mathoid. $wgMaxShellMemory = 1228800;
Mode: 'png' (pre-July 2015: MW_MATH_PNG)
This is the mode that requires the most setup work, since at least the texvc utility has to be installed for it to work, and ideally texvccheck as well. See Installing texvc for how to install both of these.
Mode: 'latexml' (pre-July 2015: MW_MATH_LATEXML)
Uses the LaTeXML utility. The rendering is done via an online service (set with $wgLaTeXMLUrl, which has a default value).
Mode: 'source', (pre-July 2015: MW_MATH_SOURCE)
This mode will forward the Latex input without rendering, presenting it in a <span> element, surrounded by $ :formula $.
Make sure to set $wgMathDisableTexFilter to 'always' (see below) if you only want the raw latex formula, else an error will appear due to the failed check for PNG depictions.
List of significant configuration settings
||Defines the mode allowed on the server.|
||Option to disable the tex filter. If set to true any LaTeX expression is parsed this can be a potential security risk. If set to false only a subset of the TeX commands is allowed. See the wikipedia page Help:Math for details. Use "always" to disable this feature.|
|$wgMathFullRestbaseURL||false||The math extension gets the default config from the Visual Editor, if available. Details.|
Tips and tricks
- You can use the Firefox MathML copy addon to copy formulae to other applications such as Microsoft Word (video), or Google docs with the g(Math) plugin (video)
If something is wrong with the math extension you can report that at Phabricator. In addition you should check how your problem relates to the automated unit tests that are generated from the page CoverageTest.
See Extension:Math/advancedSettings for old versions and further information.
- 확장기능:SimpleMathJax - an alternative way to provide support for rendering mathematical formulas on-wiki, without texvc or LaTeX
- Texvc - description of texvc
- Texvc PHP Alternative
- LaTeX on a shared host
- Another alternative is to use: LaTeX with google chart
- Manual:Enable TeX/problems
|This extension is being used on one or more Wikimedia projects. This probably means that the extension is stable and works well enough to be used by such high-traffic websites. Look for this extension's name in Wikimedia's CommonSettings.php and InitialiseSettings.php configuration files to see where it's installed. A full list of the extensions installed on a particular wiki can be seen on the wiki's Special:Version page.|