Release status: stable
|Implementation||MyWiki, Notify, Page action, Skin, Ajax|
|Description||MediaWiki distribution for business needs.
|Author(s)||Hallo Welt! GmbH|
|Latest version||3.1.6 (2020-05-14)|
|License||GNU General Public License 3.0|
|Download||Official BlueSpice download page
BlueSpice - Foundation:
BlueSpice - Extensions:
BlueSpice - Skin:
|Example||en.demo.bluespice.com (en), de.demo.bluespice.com (de)|
|Translate the BlueSpice extension|
|Issues||Open tasks · Report a bug|
BlueSpice is a MediaWiki enterprise distribution. It enhances MediaWiki, in particular in the following areas: quality management, process support, administration, editing and security.
BlueSpice allows users to edit tables with a WYSIWYG-editor, dialogues simplify the integration of links, categories, pictures and files. Thanks to the user administration and the wiki preferences the administration of the wiki is done quickly. A news blog can keep your wiki up-to-date.
BlueSpice is used worldwide as a platform for collaborative knowledge management, as a knowledge base in customer support and as an uncomplicated tool for documentation and handbooks. It can be extended with a multitude of business features so that BlueSpice can implement comprehensive Enterprise 2.0 solutions.
Editing articles is made very simple with the visual editor.
|Navigation & Search|
Search quickly in titles, in full text, categories, namespaces and attached files (Office, PDF).
|Process Support & Quality Management|
Layout articles uniformly, nominate reviewers and assign articles to specific editors: BlueSpice helps you maintain your content.
BlueSpice provides you with all this information at a glance.
|Perfect Administration & Permissions Management|
Connect your MediaWiki centrally to your LDAP server or Active Directory. BlueSpice makes the administration of the whole wiki, and that of users, groups and namespaces simple via an easy to use backend.
|Communication & Feedback|
Additional discussion and blog functionalities, a timeline and notification system support editorial processes.
Find even more features in the List of Extensions
BlueSpice is distributed in three editions:
- BlueSpice free is the free version for an entry level solution for businesses. It provides a functional added value for wiki admins and users.
- BlueSpice pro is the business-critical solution with comprehensive functionalities, a growing number of available extensions and long-term support – Updates and Patches are also included. It is available as BlueSpice pro Cloud and On Premises.
- BlueSpice farm is a scalable solution for creating and managing multiple wikis on one server.
- BlueSpice Website
- BlueSpice Helpdesk
- BlueSpice News on Twitter
- BlueSpice on Facebook
- BlueSpice Tutorials on Youtube
- Richard Heigl: BlueSpice MediaWiki vs. Confluence – the wiki alternatives, BlueSpice Blog, 17th and 18th of May 2017
- Professional individual developers and companies offering MediaWiki-related services. Other service providers
- Software bundles and MediaWiki distributions for the enterprise. More distributions
- List of enterprise wiki software at Wikipedia
- MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group. Hallo Welt! is a member