The Semantic MediaWiki (SMW) extension allows for managing structured data in your wiki and for querying that data to create dynamic representations: tables, timelines, maps, lists, etc.
The actual homepage of Semantic MediaWiki, including user documentation in multiple languages, is www.semantic-mediawiki.org. There are various other pages in the MediaWiki and Wikipedia space related to SMW, but the homepage is the most up-to-date source of information.
There are a large number of "spinoff" extensions that require the presence of Semantic MediaWiki; see the category Category:Semantic MediaWiki extensions for the full list (some of these extensions may be obsolete).
Download and Installation
The respective instructions are located on the help page about installing Semantic MediaWiki.
- Manual:Managing data in MediaWiki – An overview and comparison.
- Cargo – Allows for the storage and querying of data contained within templates
- DynamicPageList – Allows to extract data from pages
- WikiDB – Provides database features, somewhat similar to semantic properties
- Wikibase – Allows to represent and manipulate structured data as part of the Wikidata project