Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2018-10-31
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- Following up on the Technical Conference in Portland (aka TechConf aka WMTC18). Some outcomes:
- We discussed the idea of sharding the revision table, with the big question being what key to shard on. Options include page ID and timestamp. Tim wants to look into this next fiscal.
- People were generally happy with the proposed Architecture Principles. Daniel put some of the feedback we got on the talk page, for discussion: Talk:Wikimedia Technical Committee/MediaWiki Platform Architecture Principles
- More results of WMTC to follow over the next few weeks.
- TechCom is moving to alternating times for their meetings. The public RFC discussions will alternate between the old time (Wednesday 2pm PST, 23:00 CET) and a new time (Wednesday 11pm PST, Thursday 08:00 CET). Times were chosen to allow people from the US, Europe and Australia to participate. Times may shift again as we get feedback on the new arrangement.
- On Friday or Monday we’ll have PHP 7 working on the debug servers. Still figuring out how to select using the browser extension. (Giuseppe)
- RFC accepted after last call: Spec for representing multiple content objects per revision (MCR) in XML dumps phab:T199121. During the last call, an issue with the representation of content hashes was addressed. For the new XML schema, see Requests for comment/Schema update for multiple content objects per revision (MCR) in XML dumps. Ariel and Daniel to follow up.
- RFC accepted after last call: Release notes automation phab:T200392. Kunal to follow up.
- No public RFC discussion next week.
- Upcoming RFC discussion (probably on November 14): Session storage service interface phab:T206010.
- Upcoming RFC discussion (probably on November 21): Introduce a new namespace for collaborative judgments about wiki entities (JADE) phab:T200297.