Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2020-09-09
The minutes from TechCom's triage meeting on 2020-09-09.
Present: Daniel K, Dan A, Tim S, Timo T, Kate C
Liberate the @ for AtEase
- Checking in about next steps.
- As a coding convention, it doesn’t need our involvement unless there’s a conflict, strategic impact, etc. Talk page?
- TT: Will reach out on the talk page as well.
RFC: Parsoid Extension API
- TT: Concerning that the RFC was filed this late, but are not meaningful comments and thinking about last call. Believe this is more perception than an actual problem. The engagement hasn’t been captured on the task very well. This is an initial attempt to be used for WMF maintained extensions when get closer to this parser as the default will be more changes. Different from usual processes, how do we accommodate that?
- DK: Establish a baseline, then will file another RFC later. Need to clearly mark as unstable.
RFC: PHP microservice for containerized shell execution
- Scheduled as IRC meeting for next week.
Next week IRC office hours
RFC review meeting scheduled for next week: RFC: Containerized shell execution service https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T260330.
Meeting at 2020-09-10 21:00 UTC (14:00 PT, 23:00 CEST) on Freenode in the #wikimedia-office channel.