Wikimedia Technical Committee/Minutes/2017-12-20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
- New RFC about tagging imported revisions: https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T183061. This is currently considered a “draft” as the proposal needs work, but the motivation seems to have merit and there is already some relevant discussion on the ticket.
- RFC process update accepted after Last Call: the new process can be found at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Requests_for_comment/Process/Draft. Krinkle will replace the old documentation with the new version and explain all the differences in a separate email.
- Last week’s RFC discussion was about refactoring the Preferences class. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T178449
- Ops is moving a first set of services to Kubernetes. We will probably have an RFC on how Kubernetes is going to affect deployment and configuration changes before wider use.
- Ops is planning to start using etcd for configuration management.
- Active discussion about where to best put platform-specific default settings https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T182020