The following list contains extensions under the social tools umbrella, ranked by stability.
- AJAXPoll – An extension to allow people to create and vote on polls.
- BlogPage – Adds tools for users to create and read blog posts.
- Comments – Allows for a
<comments />to allow users to comment on articles.
- Contribution Scores - Adds a fun metric for contributors to see how much they are helping out.
- FanBoxes – Adds an easier method to create userboxes.
- Highly Automated Welcome Tool (HAWelcome) – Automatically posts a welcome message to new users' User Boards if configured to do so; can also be used independently of SocialProfile or other social tools.
- ImageRating - Adds a new special page,
Special:ImageRating, where privileged users can categorize and rate images.
- LinkFilter – Allows for users to submit news links, and for privileged users to approve them.
- MediaWikiChat – Adds a special page for users to engage in real-time chat.
- PictureGame – Allows users to create and play picture games.
- PollNY – Adds various features to allow for creation and moderation of polls.
- QuizGame – Allows users to create and take quizzes.
- RandomGameUnit – Displays a random picture game, poll, or quiz.
- SiteMetrics – Creates a special page that displays statistics regarding the usage of social tools.
- UserWelcome – Adds user-specific social info where the
<welomeUser />tag is present.
- VoteNY – Adds a
<vote />tag that allows users to vote on or rate pages.
- WikiTextLoggedInOut – Adds
<loggedout>...</loggedout>tags that display different content based on a user's login state.
- Challenge – Allows users to challenge each others, and have the loser of the challenge do a specified task (i.e. "edit page X and add info about event Y") and gain points while at it
- MiniInvite – Adds two new special pages, Special:InviteEmail and Special:EmailNewArticle, for sending out invitation emails to your friends. This is needed, together with the NewSignupPage extension, if you want to give out points for recruiting users to your wiki.
- SportsTeams – Adds networking features to a user's profile regarding sports teams.
- UserStatus – Allows users to add status updates to their profiles.
- Video – Allows users to import videos from external services such as YouTube and Dailymotion.
- WikiForum – Enables a forum on the wiki for users to post in topics and create different boards.