Social tools/List of extensions
The following list contains extensions under the social tools umbrella, ranked by stability.
- AJAXPoll – An extension to allow people to create and vote on polls.
- BlogPage – Adds tools for users to create and read blog posts.
- Comments – Allows for a
<comments />to allow users to comment on articles.
- Contribution Scores - Adds a fun metric for contributors to see how much they are helping out.
- FanBoxes – Adds an easier method to create userboxes.
- Highly Automated Welcome Tool (HAWelcome) – Automatically posts a welcome message to new users' User Boards if configured to do so; can also be used independently of SocialProfile or other social tools.
- ImageRating - Adds a new special page,
Special:ImageRating, where privileged users can categorize and rate images.
- LinkFilter – Allows for users to submit news links, and for privileged users to approve them.
- MediaWikiChat – Adds a special page for users to engage in real-time chat.
- PictureGame – Allows users to create and play picture games.
- PollNY – Adds various features to allow for creation and moderation of polls.
- QuizGame – Allows users to create and take quizzes.
- RandomGameUnit – Displays a random picture game, poll, or quiz.
- SiteMetrics – Creates a special page that displays statistics regarding the usage of social tools.
- UserWelcome – Adds user-specific social info where the
<welomeUser />tag is present.
- VoteNY – Adds a
<vote />tag that allows users to vote on or rate pages.
- WikiTextLoggedInOut – Adds
<loggedout>...</loggedout>tags that display different content based on a user's login state.
- Challenge – Allows users to challenge each others, and have the loser of the challenge do a specified task (i.e. "edit page X and add info about event Y") and gain points while at it
- MiniInvite – Adds two new special pages, Special:InviteEmail and Special:EmailNewArticle, for sending out invitation emails to your friends. This is needed, together with the NewSignupPage extension, if you want to give out points for recruiting users to your wiki.
- SiteScout – Adds an automatically updating special page for monitoring recent social changes (edits, comments, votes and network updates)
- SportsTeams – Adds networking features to a user's profile regarding sports teams.
- UserStatus – Allows users to add status updates to their profiles.
- Video – Allows users to import videos from external services such as YouTube and Dailymotion.
- WikiForum – Enables a forum on the wiki for users to post in topics and create different boards.
The following are extensions that are not under active development or maintenance currently and as such, they are broken under modern versions of the MediaWiki software.