Release status: stable
|Implementation||other (invalid type)|
|Description||Enhances MediaWiki's default signup page|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
|Example||Any ShoutWiki site|
Translate the NewSignupPage extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
In addition to that, the extension is compatible with social tools. If a wiki's admins choose out to give points for recruiting new users, set $wgRegisterTrack to true (and make sure that user_register_track table exists on that wiki's database beforehand!) and you're done.
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Dump the files into $IP/extensions/NewSignupPage
- Add require_once("$IP/extensions/NewSignupPage/NewSignupPage.php"); into the wiki's LocalSettings.php
- If you set $wgRegisterTrack = true;, you need to create the user_register_track table in your database; you can do this from command line with php maintenance/sql.php extensions/NewSignupPage/user_register_track.sql
- Installation can now be verified through Special:Version
User rights[edit | edit source]
This extension adds a new user right, bypasstoscheck, which by default isn't given to any group. Users with this right can create new accounts without checking the "I accept the site's Terms of Service" checkbox.
User points[edit | edit source]
- $wgUserStatsPointValues['referral_complete'] — set this to something to give out points for referring a new user successfully to the site.
Interface messages[edit | edit source]
|login-reg-recruited||recruited <a href="$1">$2</a>||Displayed on Special:UserActivity and on the output of <siteactivity> tag on social wikis; not used on normal wikis|
|shoutwiki-must-accept-tos||You must accept the site's Terms of Service in order to be able to create an account!||Displayed to the user in Special:UserLogin/signup in a fancy red <div> if s/he doesn't check the "I accept the Terms of Service" checkbox|
|right-bypasstoscheck||Create new accounts without accepting the site's Terms of Service||Displayed in Special:ListGroupRights|
Parameters[edit | edit source]
- $wgAutoAddFriendOnInvite — if the new user was referred to the site by an existing user, should we make them friends automatically? Defaults to false.
- $wgRegisterTrack — whether to track registrations into the user_register_track DB table. Defaults to false.
- $wgForceNewSignupPageInitialization — initialize the extension, even if InviteEmail or UserRelationship classes do not exist? Useful for testing.
Version history[edit | edit source]
|Version||SVN revision||Release date||Comments|
|0.4.1||r98081||25 September 2011||Initial public release, $wgForceNewSignupPageInitialization variable added, minor tweaks to the main PHP file and the SQL file|
|0.4||r945 (ShoutWiki SVN)||29 May 2009||Renamed to its current name (from the original ToSHook name), most functionality of Wikia's LoginReg extension merged|
|0.3||r418, r430 (ShoutWiki SVN)||15 January 2009
17 January 2009
|right-bypasstoscheck message added; default for 'shoutwiki-loginform-tos' tweaked to include the "I am 13 years or older" part|
|0.2||r245 (ShoutWiki SVN)||3 December 2008||bypasstoscheck user right, i18n file, removed backwards compatibility with ancient MediaWikis|
|0.1||r243 (ShoutWiki SVN)||2 December 2008||Initial version; a simple hook extension which forces the users to check "I accept the Terms of Service" box on the signup page; works on legacy (1.6) MediaWikis|
|SocialProfile||Overview • Roadmap • Developer info • Screenshots • History • UserStatus (GSoC 2011 project)|
|Other social extensions||Automatic Board Welcome • BlogPage • FanBoxes • NewUsersList • PictureGame • PollNY • QuizGame • RandomFeaturedUser • RandomGameUnit • RandomUsersWithAvatars • SiteMetrics • SportsTeams • UserStatus • UserWelcome|
|Semanticness||Semantic Social Profile|
|Other related extensions
(which do not depend on SocialProfile)
|Answers • Comments • LinkFilter • MediaWikiChat • NewSignupPage • Video • VoteNY • WikiForum • WikiTextLoggedInOut|