Release status: stable
|Description||Interactive question game that uses AJAX|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
Translate the QuizGame extension if possible
|Check usage and version matrix; code metrics|
|Bugs: list open list all report|
QuizGame extension allows users to create interactive quizzes and take them.
Special:QuizGameHome is the main page for quizzes. Special:QuizLeaderboard shows the users who have answered correctly in most quizzes. Special:QuizRecalcStats can be used by quiz administrators to recalculate quiz statistics. Special:ViewQuizzes can be used to view all available quizzes.
Dependencies[edit | edit source]
- SocialProfile extension
- New database tables: quizgame_questions, quizgame_answers, quizgame_choice and quizgame_user_view
Installation[edit | edit source]
- Dump the files into $IP/extensions/QuizGame
- Create the three required database tables (by re-running the MediaWiki updater script, update.php)
- Add require_once("$IP/extensions/QuizGame/QuestionGame.php"); into the wiki's LocalSettings.php
- Installation can now be verified through the wiki's Special:Version
User rights[edit | edit source]
This extension adds one new user right, quizadmin, which allows administering quizzes. By default sysops and staff have this user right.
User points[edit | edit source]
- $wgUserStatsPointValues['quiz_answered'] — set this to something to give out points for answering existing quiz game questions.
- $wgUserStatsPointValues['quiz_correct'] — I have no idea what this does. Related comment from source code: "Add to stats how many quizzes the user has answered correctly"
- $wgUserStatsPointValues['quiz_created'] — set this to something to give out points for creating new quiz games.
- $wgUserStatsPointValues['quiz_points'] — I have no idea what this does. Related comment from source code: "Add to point total"
Parameters[edit | edit source]
- $wgQuizLogs — whether to log quiz creations or not. Defaults to true.
- $wgCreateQuizThresholds — for example 'edits' => 5 if you want to require users to have at least 5 edits before they can create new quizzes. Defaults to an empty array (no restrictions).
- $wgQuizID — this is the internal ID number of the current quiz and is used by QuizGame internally. It's documented here only for the sake of completeness. Do not set it!
|SocialProfile||Overview • Roadmap • Developer info • Screenshots • History • UserStatus (GSoC 2011 project)|
|Other social extensions||Automatic Board Welcome • BlogPage • FanBoxes • NewUsersList • PictureGame • PollNY • QuizGame • RandomFeaturedUser • RandomGameUnit • RandomUsersWithAvatars • SiteMetrics • SportsTeams • UserStatus • UserWelcome|
|Semanticness||Semantic Social Profile|
|Other related extensions
(which do not depend on SocialProfile)
|Comments • LinkFilter • MediaWikiChat • NewSignupPage • Video • VoteNY • WikiForum • WikiTextLoggedInOut|