The SocialProfile extension incorporates a social profile, user board, and basic profile info into MediaWiki, specifically avatars, befriending, foeing, user board, board blast, user levels rank system, awards and gifts. The package also notifies users via email when other users request them as a friend or foe and/or sends them a message.
- For technical documentation (if you are a system administrator), see Extension:SocialProfile/Technical documentation.
- For developer information, see Extension:SocialProfile/Developer information.
- For help on using SocialProfile, see Help:Extension:SocialProfile (currently a draft).
- If you use the ExtensionDistributor to download SocialProfile, make sure that you select "master (latest development version)"; older versions are guaranteed to have lots of bugs and they are unmaintained, while trunk is always up-to-date and contains the newest features and bugfixes! See social tools' MediaWiki compatibility policy for more info.
- You can also use git, like so:
git clone https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/mediawiki/extensions/SocialProfile
and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your LocalSettings.php:
- Run the update script which will automatically create the necessary database tables that this extension needs.
- The following directories should exist under the wiki's
avatars/— the directory where all user-uploaded avatar images are stored
awards/— system gift (award) and normal gift images will be stored here
- Move the directory
extensions/SocialProfileinto the images directory that is used in your MediaWiki installation. This directory should be writable. The images included in this folder by default can be used for awards if you upload them through Special:SystemGiftManagerLogo, but they won't show up as "defaults" the same way avatar default images do show up.
- Move the directory
extensions/SocialProfileinto the images directory used in your MediaWiki installation. This directory should be writable. Using
sudo chown -R apache:apache ./avatars/ && sudo chown -R apache:apache ./awards/
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
- Upgrading - If you are upgrading from SocialProfile version 1.2 or older, you'll need to create four new database tables manually:
user_system_gift. If you're upgrading from 1.3, you'll need to create
- Since r93317, SocialProfile's namespaces are automagically registered, so you do not need to add them to
- SocialProfile uses either ImageMagick or PHP's built-in GD library (since r93067), depending on which one is available, for creating the resized avatar, award and gift image files.
- Extension:SocialProfile/Screenshots - For screenshots of the extension and some very brief descriptions of the features.