An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Brion, Daniel (chair), Gabriel, Kevin (notes), Tim, Timo
- <section> tags for MediaWiki sections: Parsing team is considering best semantics for section wrapping.
- How should we store longer revision comments?: to be combined with the morge general discussion about refactoring the revision table
- Disabling LocalisationUpdate on WMF wikis: RE wants to drop it, but there is some pushback. Also, there are concerns about the current implementation.
Yesterday’s RFC meeting: Brion’s proposal for optimizing the revision table (again).
- Log: https://tools.wmflabs.org/meetbot/wikimedia-office/2017/wikimedia-office.2017-03-08-22.03.html
- Related RFC “How should we store longer revision comments?” will be folded into Brion’s proposal.
- This is related to but separate from MCR. Proper RFC ticket(s) to be filed soon.
Next week’s RFC meeting (tentative, pending confirmation):
- NOTE: we plan to experiment with having a public HANGOUT meeting, instead of using IRC.
- Tim Starling has been looking at etcd for configuration management and potentially other use cases. See also T149617.