An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Daniel (chair), Gabriel, Tim, Timo. Notes: Kevin
- 2 RFCs approved after final call: Deprecation Policy (T146965) and Content Model Storage (T105652).
- Multi-Content-Revisions (MCR, T107595) discussed at DeveloperSummit. Sorted out details of the DB schema with Jaime.
- Ongoing discussion regarding distribution methods for MediaWiki and suppor for 3rd party installs.
- Related discussion about whether new features can require services serparate from MediaWiki core.
- Thumbnail API is mostly stalled for now T66214.
- Oldimage RFC (T589) to go on final call this week.
- Decided to keep media type and mime type fields for now. Thy are small, and now exposed via Cirrus Search; if we removed them from the table, they would need to love somewhere else. Also they are enums, and thus small.
- Tentative plan to fold image revision management into MCR at some point, but not until MCR is mature. Also, this schema change will make a later migration to MCR much easier.
- ArchCom is considering changes to the RFC process. Discussion is ongoing. Key points:
- More focus on discussion in Phabricator
- More leight weight process for “small” RFCs
- ArchCom to focus more on review, less on process
- IRC meeting should not be the primary tool for discussing and approving RFCs
- Next week’s IRC discussion: T154738 (Accessing page properties from wiki pages). Related:
- T71441: Feature request: add detection for disambiguation pages to Scribunto
- T131911: Allow retrieving/getting page image file name from wikitext using Scribunto/Lua or parser function or something
- T154346: Provide "wikitext" means of accessing arbitrary wiki page's default category sort key