An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)
Present: Daniel Kinzler, Tim Starling, Brion Vibber, Gabriel Wicke; Kevin Smith for the first half, Quim Gill for the second half.
- Status update / round table:
- Tim: Working on tidy replacement
- Gabriel: Thumb API (phab:T66214), ServiceWorker experiments. Consider going back to sending status emails.
- Daniel: Pushing for a DB scaling session at the DevSummit
- Many stale tickets on the RFC board (phab:tag/mediawiki-rfcs). Should revise process, maybe just drop stale RFCs from the board.
- Need to revive the RFC shepherding process; Shepherding board isn't being used (phab:project/board/1892/).
- RFCs that had Robla as shepherd should go to needs-shepherd mode.
- Consider recruiting a new ArchCom member
- Consider splitting discussion about cross-wiki templates and Lua modules from the Shadow Namespaces RFC.
- Tim to chair today's IRC meeting (Thumbnail API)
- We will use next week's (November 16th) IRC meeting for an open triage session. ArchCom members should pick a few of their favorites to start the discussion.
- ArchCom to look through DevSummit proposals, prioritize them (how? ArchCom tag, or maybe tokens...)
- ArchCom should also help to avoid scheduling conflicts