Architecture committee/2016-09-28

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda/Minutes[edit]

This section will also serve as the collaboratively edited minutes of the meeting, and will as the official minutes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

  • Review last week’s RfC office hour
    • Phab:E273 - MCR T107595 - Multi-Content Revisions
      • Daniel would like an RFC for partitioning
        • Especially Recent Changes table
      • ACTION: Tim to talk to Brion about next steps on MCR (possibly a wider Hangout) (goal: possibly spearheading an RFC)
  • Update attendee list
    • In attendance: Daniel, Kevin, Tim, Timo, RobLa
    • Invited: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, Roan, RobLa, Tim, Timo
    • RSVP
      • yes: Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, RobLa, Timo
      • no: Roan
      • maybe/unknown: Brion, Tim

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Upcoming IRC meeting: Phab:E285 (WikiDev17)
    • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? RobLa
    • Agenda?
      • Does the list of areas look good enough?
      • Does the committee look representative enough?
      • Try to settle the Phab vs dogfooding discussion?
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • Phab board triage
      • ArchCom-RfCs board - "Inbox" column
      • Architecture board - "Discuss at next ArchCom Planning meeting" column
    • ArchComStatus discussion / ArchCom-Has-Shepherd board
      • Brion Vibber
        • ACTION: Brion and RobLa to meet about Dev Summit (not done, d'oh!)
      • Daniel Kinzler
        • MCR: use cases need fleshing out
        • Consistency of link tables with RC table (WDQS has a problem, but it’S a general issue)
          • Out of sync because RC table is updated immediately, but others use job queue
          • https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T145712
      • Gabriel Wicke...
      • Rob Lanphier
        • ACTION: Brion and RobLa to meet about Dev Summit (not done, d'oh!)
        • ACTION: document outcome of W38 ArchCom Planning discussion about T129842 Code Review Committee..
        • Ongoing discussions
        • Backburner:
          • ACTION: Rob: does “last call” belong on wikitech-l (per Timo) (filed as T146307)
          • ACTION: Rob - fill up inbox for ArchCom
      • Roan Kattouw...
      • Tim Starling
        • Kunal is interested in having Magic links RFC discussions
      • Timo Tijhof
        • ACTION: Timo: figure out who should shepherd Phab:T133462 (load multi-file .js packages)
          • Roan as shepherd?
        • image/oldimage
    • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
    • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

generated from Architecture committee/MeetingNoteTemplate