Architecture committee/2016-08-24

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda/Minutes[edit]

This section will also serve as the collaboratively edited minutes of the meeting, and will as the official minutes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

  • Action items
    • Last week: Architecture committee/2016-08-17
      • ACTION: Rob: make sure we spend a few minutes each week discussing WikiDev17
      • ACTION: Rob to talk to Subbu about assignee on T142803 (done; see my section)
      • ACTION: Rob: add language variant item to next weeks planning agenda (done (sorta) see my section, also welcome David!)
  • Review last week’s RfC office hour
    • E261 - Content model storage (T105652)
      • Gergo is considering working on this
      • Brion will help when he can
      • ACTION: Daniel: send email to wikitech-l asking for WMF help on MCR
  • Update attendee list
    • In attendance: RobLa, Brion, Daniel, Kevin, Tim, Timo, David Chan
    • Invited: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, Roan, RobLa, Tim, Timo
    • RSVP
      • yes: Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, RobLa, Timo
      • no:
      • maybe/unknown: Brion, Roan, Tim

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Plan upcoming IRC meeting (E263)
    • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting?  Rob
    • For upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?   Possibly
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • How does ArchCom-RfCs board look?
      • Where should anything in the inbox go?
    • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked?
    • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
    • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

  • https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T43716 - balancing
    • Script transliteration
    • Vocab substitution
    • ACTION: RobLa: work with CScott on breaking up T43716
    • ACTION: Brion: comment on T43716
      • https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T43716#2580532