Architecture committee/2016-08-10

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 13:00 USA West coast local time as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda/Minutes[edit]

This section will also serve as the collaboratively edited minutes of the meeting, and will as the official minutes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

  • Action items
    • Last week (Architecture_committee/2016-08-03)
      • ACTION: Rob to figure out Security access for Daniel
      • ACTION: Daniel: write email to Brion and Jaime transform current schema to new schema with sample data (done)
      • ACTION: Tim to post T141591 to Z411 (Done)
      • ACTION: Timo to mail wikitech-l and encourage further conversation about details of the oldimage schema changes, and migration plan.T589
      • ACTION: Rob to take T139300 shepherd role
      • ACTION: Rob: have an answer by EOD Thursday about need for Blob storage interface discussion next week (done via response on wikitech-l to "Loosing our history" thread)
      • ACTION: Rob figure out agenda for Wed W32 (done; Wikitext)
      • ACTION: Rob: make sure we spend a few minutes each week discussing WikiDev17
  • Review last week’s RfC office hour
    • Phab:E251 - W31: Notifications in core (T128351)
      • ACTION: Brion: catch up on discussion
  • Update attendee list
    • In attendance:  Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, RobLa, Tim, Timo
    • Invited: Brion, Daniel, Gabriel, Kevin, Roan, RobLa, Tim, Timo, (Megan - optional)
    • RSVP
      • yes: Gabriel, Kevin, RobLa, Timo
      • no:
      • maybe/unknown: Brion, Daniel, Roan, Tim, Megan

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? E259
    • What should be the central question: spec or archiving?  “should invest in a spec?” is the question
    • What should be the objective of a spec?
    • Should we keep the syntax stable, or should we transform it?
    • What role should the parser tests play?
    • Should a spec center on HTML or on Wikitext? If we use HTML, what is missing in the Parsoid DOM spec?
    • Timo will chair
  • Conclude last week's "final comment period"? Do we have anything that should enter "final comment"?
  • For each upcoming meeting, do we anticipate the RFC moving into "final comment"?
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • How does ArchCom-RfCs board look?
      • Inbox on the ArchCom-RfC board:
        • T105652 RfC: Content model storage (Daniel)
        • T39902 RFC: Implement rendering of redlinks in Parsoid HTML as post-processor (Gabriel)
    • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked?
      • Brion Vibber
        • Catching up
      • Daniel Kinzler
        • Content model storage, blob storage coming together.  Demo schema assembled
      • Gabriel Wicke:
        • API driven web frontend: prototyping (meeting with Timo)
        • Browser based PDF rendering & the future of OCG
      • Rob Lanphier.
        • Wikitext page on mw.org, redlinks T39902, Credits file shepherding?
      • Roan Kattouw...
      • Tim Starling
        • No updates
      • Timo Tijhof
        • Will send email to wikitech-l about oldimage RFC today
    • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
    • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?
      • T105652 RfC: Content model storage (Daniel)
        • Depending on Kunal’s status
        • ACTION: Daniel to write email (cc RobLa)
      • Credits file?

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

generated from Architecture committee/MeetingNoteTemplate