Architecture committee/2016-07-13

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

An invite-only video discussion, where decisions are often finalized, generally Wednesday 1pm PT as of this writing. This meeting is often used for grooming the backlog for the TechCom-RFC board. (private minutes)

Agenda timeline[edit]

  • Intro
    • Agenda bashing and action item check 21:00 (5 minutes)
    • Review last week's RfC office hour 21:05 (5 minutes)
  • RFC status update
    • RfC inbox triage 21:10 (10 minutes)
    • Shepherd assignments 21:20 (5 minutes)
    • Queue for future RfC office hours 21:25 (5 minutes)
  • Wrapup
    • Other business 21:30 (10 minutes)
    • Next week’s ArchCom agenda 21:40 (10 minutes)

Agenda details/Meeting summary[edit]

This section equates to the "meeting summary" section in the meeting note template. It's collaboratively edited during the meeting and serves as the official public notes of the meeting. Attendees: Fill in the important details in this section, but try to keep this concise and NPOV (easy way: use questions).  Put any prep information in this section if appropriate

Intro section[edit]

10 minutes (starting 21:00 UTC)

RFC status update[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:10 UTC)

Spend roughly 20 minutes ensuring Architecture committee/Status is up-to-date. Checklist of the questions we should answer:

  • Who is chairing the upcoming IRC meeting? (about T589: RfC: image and oldimage tables) Rob to chair, Timo: shepherd.  Field narrowing conversation
  • Do we have anything that should enter "final comment period"?
  • Is T589 likely to move into "final comment"?
  • Picking an RFC for next week:
    • How does ArchCom-RfCs board look?
      • Inbox:
        • T139810 RFC: New CheckUser extension
          • ACTION: Tim will comment
          • State: backlog
        • Phab:T126641 [RFC] Technical implementation plan for a cross-wiki watchlist (back-end only)
          • ACTION: Gabriel to comment
          • Keep in inbox, move to backlog if still stalled next week
        • Phab:T107595 [RFC] Multi-Content Revisions
          • Under discussion
        • Phab:T105638 RFC: Streamlining Composer usage
          • Timo will comment
          • Move to “Needs shepherd
          • Stay in “Needs triage” until comment responded to
    • What is the most important thing each ArchCom member is shepherding? Anything blocked?
    • Are responsibilities balanced well between ArchCom members?
    • Which RFCs are listed as "needs triage"?
    • Do we have an RFC selected for next week's meeting?
      • MCR?  Security RFC?  T126641?
      • Next week’s nominee: T126641
      • ACTION: Rob: talk to Kaldari Niharika and figure this out

Other business/planning[edit]

20 minutes (starting 21:30 UTC)

  • Next week's meetings (Planning: E234, Office hour: E235)

generated from Architecture committee/MeetingNoteTemplate