I have recently downloaded and configured (basic), via a your tutorial, the mediawiki application. It install successfully. Now I am trying to back-up the mediawiki main folder to an external hard drive, but it keeps failing with the error:
Error copying file or folder:
- Cannot copy mediawiki.log access is denied
- Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected
- and that the file is not currently in use.
I'm using Win XP SP3. The only file that won't copy is mediawiki.log.js (there is no "mediawiki.log" file).
Here is what I have checked/tried already:
1) Space is not the issue because there is over 50GB available on the destination disk.
2) Changed the main mediawiki folder in my www directory (WAMP) to have "read-only" unchecked. Applied this to all subfolders. * Strangely, the folder keeps setting permissions back to show that some files are not read-only (solid green box as opposed to the green checkmark). Not sure if it makes a difference or not, but thought I'd mention it.
3) Sharing tab: I set it to share the folder & give everyone all permissions.
4) Security: Everyone already has all permissions as default.
5) Disable real-time protection on my Antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials)
6) Tried since copying the file (mediawiki.log.js) or its parent folder did not work in Windows, I also tried from the command line, which failed as well. All other files in the folder copy fine.
Am I the first person to report this error? I'm frustrated now because all the tricks i know didn't work, which is why I'm seeking help. My supposition is that the mediawiki developers "locked" that file for security reasons, assuming it would be a security liability on a production site. Am I right? If so, I need to know how to unlock it so I can do what I want with it on my local personal server. If not, please advise on how to proceed because I've done everything I can think of already.
Your help is greatly appreciated.