- github profile
- Back in 2010 I was a GSOC student. My project was to improve support for Exif/IPTC/XMP metadata in images
- MediaWiki svn commits (2010-2012), MediaWiki git commits (2012-current)
- Yaron let me be on his podcast once upon a time https://betweenthebrackets.libsyn.com/episode-5-brian-wolff and https://betweenthebrackets.libsyn.com/episode-117-brian-wolff
- my blog
I be bawolff. Also known as Brian Wolff. When I worked at WMF I was User:BWolff (WMF)
I am a MediaWiki developer. I primarily contribute to backend related things in core Mediawiki. I am also the current maintainer of some extensions, such as: Extension:DynamicPageList (Wikimedia), Extension:SubpageSortkey, Extension:PageInCat, Extension:PreviewFunctions, Extension:NoCat, Extension:GoogleNewsSitemap (Think RSS version of DPL), extension:QuickInstantCommons and Extension:CategorySortHeaders. In general I like to fix interesting bugs that I hear about wherever they may be.
I have an interest in information security, and used to work on the WMF security team. There's a list of security vulnerabilities I have found at .
My home Wikimedia project was originally EN Wikinews, however now I spend almost all of my time doing MediaWiki related things.
I often hang out in the #mediawiki irc channel (among other channels) on libera chat using the nick
bawolff. Feel free to talk to me! If for some reason you wanted to email me, you can do so at Special:EmailUser/Bawolff.
I used to work for the WMF, but I don't anymore. See meta:User:Bawolff for more details. I currently work for a MediaWiki consulting company called WikiTeq. Some of the edits I make from this account are as part of my job. Any opinions I express are my own,
- Securing your wiki using CSP - EMWcon 2019
- Using Code-sniffer (substituting for legoktm) - EMWCon 2019
- Fixing slow wikis - EMWCon 2023
- Make a
git lgalias to ignore bots:
git config --global alias.lg 'log --perl-regexp --author='\^((?!Translation updater bot|libraryupgrader).*)$'\'