Please see Manual:Hooks/SkinAddFooterLinks for MediaWiki > 1.35.
For older installs see Manual:Footer/legacy.
Customizing the built-in items
You can also customize the individual built-in items by modifying certain pages or parameters:
- edit MediaWiki:Lastmodifiedat. If $wgMaxCredits is enabled then edit MediaWiki:Lastmodifiedatby. You may also want to edit MediaWiki:othercontribs that shows other contributors. (6518)
- if $wgMaxCredits is not zero it will display page editors
- i.e. set $wgMaxCredits = 10; or any other number
- edit MediaWiki:Copyright. The parameter $1 on that page is replaced with a link to the details of copyright for your wiki. In LocalSettings.php $wgRightsText for the link text and set either $wgRightsPage or $wgRightsUrl with the location of a wiki page or external URL.
- this is a link only. Edit MediaWiki:Privacy for the link text and MediaWiki:Privacypage for the wiki page to which to link.
- this is a link only. Edit MediaWiki:Aboutsite for the link text and MediaWiki:Aboutpage for the wiki page to which to link.
- this is a link only. Edit MediaWiki:Disclaimers for the link text and MediaWiki:Disclaimerpage for the wiki page to which to link.
- not currently used in the footer
To remove the privacy, about and/or disclaimer links entirely, replace the link text with a single dash ("
Text and Images
As of September 2016, there does not seem to be a standard way to add an entry which consists of text and an image at the same time.