Google Summer of Code/2020
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Also see the full timeline.
|February 6||Mentoring organization application deadline|
|February 21||Mentoring organizations announced|
|March 16||Student application period begins|
|March 31||Student application deadline|
|May 4 (previously April 27)||Student projects announced|
|May 4 to May 31 (previously April 27 to May 18)||Community bonding period|
|June 1 to August 24 (previously May 18 to August 10)||Coding period|
Recommended steps for accepted candidates
Here are some recommended steps for current interns:
- Refine your project proposal with guidance from mentors.
- Join Zulip to keep yourself up to date with the announcements related to the program and opportunities for participating in Wikimedia activities.
- Write blog posts (first due by May 20th) in a language you are most comfortable with and add it to the Bi-weekly Reports page.
- Add your updates about non-coding tasks (e.g., writing a blog post, joining Zulip, etc.) in the Accepted projects' Updates section above.
- Setup your MediaWiki user page, link it with your name in the accepted projects section above and keep it up to date with your project work and reports. (e.g., User:Martyav, User:Amrit_sreekumar)
- Stay in touch with Wikimedia technical discussions by subscribing to the mailing list: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Read stories from across the Wikimedia movement on Wikimedia Foundation’s blog.
- Read stories on Wikimedia technical blog about the technology and software behind running Wikipedia and its sister projects.
- Watch previous videos on Wikimedia technical topics here.