This document should explain or link to everything needed for fundraising tech development.
Manage the incoming donation pipeline from Extension:CentralNotice through the CRM and reporting modules.
We do not write banners or run tests, we support the people and software that run them.
Technical work supporting the Wikimedia Foundation's fundraising efforts.
- Fundraising Tech Page: Fundraising tech
- Fundraising Tech Lead: Katie Horn
- Phabricator task board: #wmf-fr
|Metrics||May 2017||+/- from April 2016|
|Average Donation Rate||$1.53/second||$0.38|
|Peak Donation Rate||$21.80||-$5.31|
|Country Count, > $1000 USD||131||12|
|Distinct Campaign Sources||273||182|
|Donation Source Breakdown (by USD amount, > 1% of total)|
Fiscal Year 2016-2017
- Q1: July – September 2016
- Q2: October – December 2016
- Q3: January – March 2017
- Q4: April – June 2017
- Q1: July – September 2017
fr-tech's detailed Roadmap
Rhythm and code freeze
We have a special yearly window of not deploying major changes to some critical systems starting in the fall, in preparation for the Big English drive. Game on again in mid-January, assuming we haven't emitted a puff of smoke in early December.
This code freeze gives our development an annual cadence, with each season seeing similar types and intensities of work, year-over-year. Any long-running FR-tech project should take this into account.
- Glossary: Fundraising tech/Glossary
- Regular meetings and their agendas Fundraising tech/FR-tech Meetings
- Definition of Done: Fundraising tech/Definition of Done
- Onboarding new team members: Fundraising tech/onboarding
- Team training matrix: Fundraising tech/Training
- Roles/Responsibilities: Fundraising tech/Roles and Responsibilities
- User requirements:
- Software design document: Fundraising tech/Components
- New integration manual: Fundraising tech/New integration manual
- Test plan:
- Documentation plan:
- User interface design docs:
- Task management: Phabricator "Fundraising Tech Backlog" tag. More information.
- Release management plan: Fundraising tech/Deployment
- Communications plan:
- Quarterly review documentation: April 2015
- Payment processor documentation
Installing the software stack
Much of our toolchain is provided by MediaWiki-Vagrant, here's how to provision and enjoy a new installation. Be aware that this requires about 2GB of memory and lots of processor. Please follow setup instructions at the main MediaWiki-Vagrant page above, but enable the following role before provisioning for the first time:
vagrant enable-role fundraising
Also note that the fundraising role assumes that the vagrant repo is in /vagrant and that drush is in /usr/local/bin/drush.
Assuming your box builds without error, visit http://payments.wiki.local.wmftest.net:8080/ and the wiki's main page will have links to help you get started. Please note that the wmftests.net subdomain is actually a wildcard DNS that resolves to 127.0.0.1, so if you are running vagrant on a different host than you're browsing from, or if you're offline, you'll need to add hosts entries yourself.
If you wish to forsake Vagrant and try to do it all the hard way, see Fundraising Tech/Donation Pipeline Setup
Running PHPUnit tests under vagrant
The fundraising role checks out a separate branch of mediawiki core into /vagrant/mediawiki-fr. Some slight of hand is required to run the tests from that directory and not the primary wiki. From the vagrant directory, do:
FIXME: not working.
vagrant ssh cd /vagrant/mediawiki-fr/tests/phpunit export MW_INSTALL_PATH=/vagrant/mediawiki-fr php phpunit.php --wiki paymentswiki --group DonationInterface
Testing queue operations under vagrant
Please see Fundraising tech/Queue testing.
You can find our engineering team on the #wikimedia-fundraising irc channel. Include "fr-tech" in your message to make sure we see it.
- Fundraising tech/Chat
- Fundraising tech/Chat/ActiveMQ
- Fundraising tech/Chat/GatewayFormChooser
- Fundraising tech/Chat/Ingenico Connect
- Fundraising tech/Chat/Scap3
- Fundraising tech/CiviCRM
- Fundraising tech/Code quality
- Fundraising tech/Components
- Fundraising tech/Database schema
- Fundraising tech/Deadlines
- Fundraising tech/Definition of Done
- Fundraising tech/Deployment
- Fundraising tech/Estimation Cheat Sheet
- Fundraising tech/FR-tech Meetings
- Fundraising tech/Free Software Citizenship
- Fundraising tech/Glossary
- Fundraising tech/Hive query notes
- Fundraising tech/Importing donation files
- Fundraising tech/Language variants
- Fundraising tech/Message queues
- Fundraising tech/Message queues/Overhaul
- Fundraising tech/New integration manual
- Fundraising tech/Payment methods
- Fundraising tech/Paymentswiki upgrade
- Fundraising tech/Pending queue consumers
- Fundraising tech/Pre-campaign checklist
- Fundraising tech/Process-control
- Fundraising tech/Queue testing
- Fundraising tech/Refactor
- Fundraising tech/Roadmap
- Fundraising tech/Roles and Responsibilities
- Fundraising tech/SmashPig
- Fundraising tech/Test links
- Fundraising tech/Testing
- Fundraising tech/Training
- Fundraising tech/Transaction IDs
- Fundraising tech/WR1 auditor
- Fundraising tech/donation pipeline setup/settings
- Fundraising tech/status
- Fundraising tech/tools