Fundraising tech/Pre-campaign checklist
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Note: This page is a work in under construction!
- Lock down thank you letter months before campaign--this is part of code freeze.
- Line up a bunch of safe coding tasks (e.g. Dashboard) and make sure we're all set up to work on them
- in September, check for tech blockers to various teams
- Can Engage still enter donations? Donor services and Major Gifts contractors can do their thing?
- Is Silverpop export robust and accurate?
- Are Major Gifts' reports accurate?
- Review again in October and November.
- September: Check number of remaining MaxMind queries, pay for more if appropriate.
- November: Check disk space on all the servers, clean up a bit
- November: Round up and eliminate meaningless failmail
- October: Allocate fr-tech floating holidays for the rest of the year and start thinking about on-call days
- November: Review technical/security incident response procedure, including communications
Stuff to verify is working, and monitor, for CN and impression analytics
- Webrequest logs in Hive
- No other CN campaigns that would take precedence/compete w/ FR for pageviews
- No dicey deploys to wikis
- Varnish-kafkatee whateverz
- MessageCache working
- Impression loader job
A more in-depth list of essential systems and their interactions.