Wikimedia's Phabricator installation is used to track problem reports and feature requests related to MediaWiki code, other Wikimedia-specific components (such as extensions or tools), and Wikimedia wikis (such as Wikipedia).
Bug management is a perennial activity. Anyone can contribute! Activities include:
- coordinating, triaging, and organizing the current bug reports in Phabricator
- writing documentation for bug management
Also see Bugwrangler for tasks.
For Bug Reporters
For Project Maintainers
For Triagers / Bugsquad Community
- Triage: Definition of "triaging" and information on bug triage sessions
- Places (Village Pumps, forums) to regularly check for bug reports
- Useful queries in Phabricator
- List of upstream bugtrackers and URLs
- Project:WikiProject Bug Squad (inactive)
For Phabricator Administrators / the Bugwrangler
- Administrator permissions in Phabricator
- Project creation is performed by the Project-Admins project and logged in T103700.
- Working on Phabricator's codebase
- (Obsolete) Monthly Bugwrangler activity updates were made available under Status updates. (Note: The bugwrangler is employed by the Wikimedia Foundation to do bug management, see scope above.) To follow current work, see the corresponding Phabricator tasks and workboards.
- (Obsolete) Plans and ideas of the bugwrangler what to work on - help welcome! (Outdated after moving from Bugzilla to Phabricator)
- How to run IRC office hours on bug management