Management of Wikimedia's bug tracker.
Wikimedia's Phabricator installation is used to track problem reports and feature requests related to MediaWiki code, other Wikimedia-specific components (such as extensions or tools), and Wikimedia wikis (such as Wikipedia).
Sorting and solving bug reports is a collaborative effort by users and developers of the community together with Wikimedia's bugwrangler.
Bug management is a perennial activity. Anyone can contribute! Activities include:
- coordinating, triaging, and organizing the current bug reports in Phabricator
- writing documentation for bug management
Also see Bugwrangler for tasks.
For Bug Reporters
For Project Maintainers
For Triagers / Bugsquad Community
- Triage: Definition of "triaging" and information on bug triage sessions
- Triage guide: How you can help to improve bug reports, and tools to save time triaging
- Easy tasks and entry points to start triaging
- Bugsquad meeting / Bugday preparations
- Places (Village Pumps, forums) to potentially check for reports about issues
- Useful queries in Phabricator
- List of upstream bugtrackers and URLs
- Project:WikiProject Bug Squad (inactive)
For Phabricator Administrators / the Bugwrangler
- Administrator permissions in Phabricator
- Project creation is performed by the Project-Admins project.
- Working on Phabricator's codebase
- How to run IRC office hours on bug management
For everybody (General / Misc)
- Permissions in Phabricator
- Phabricator behavior etiquette
- Subpages of this page (mostly historical and irrelevant)