Wikimedia's Phabricator installation is used to track problem reports and feature requests related to MediaWiki code, other Wikimedia-specific components (such as extensions or tools), and Wikimedia wikis (such as Wikipedia).
Monthly activity update were made available under mw:Bug management/status. To follow current work, see the corresponding Phabricator tasks and workboards.
Bug management is a perennial activity. Anyone can contribute! Activities include:
- coordinating, triaging, and organizing the current bug reports in Phabricator
- writing documentation for bug management
- communicating awareness of MediaWiki deployments
Also see Bugwrangler for tasks.
Note that this is work in progress. References to Bugzilla should be replaced by Phabricator.
For Bug Reporters
For Project Maintainers
For Triagers / Bugsquad Community
- Triage: Definition of "triaging" and information on bug triage sessions
- Places (Village Pumps, forums) to regularly check for bug reports
- Useful queries in Phabricator
- List of upstream bugtrackers and URLs
- Project:WikiProject Bug Squad (inactive)
For Phabricator Administrators / the Bugwrangler
- Administrator permissions in Phabricator
- Admins: Create a task when changing projects to avoid work duplication and entropy and to understand reasonings. This excludes trivial changes like project descriptions.
- Status updates of the Bugwrangler (Note: The bugwrangler is employed by the Wikimedia Foundation to do bug management, see scope above)
- Working on Phabricator's codebase
- Plans and ideas of the bugwrangler what to work on - help welcome! (Might be outdated as we moved from Bugzilla to Phabricator)
- How to run IRC office hours on bug management