Bug management/Office hours how-to
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page explains how to run IRC Office Hours on bug management.
- Add an entry to http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours
- Announce on appropriate mailing lists a day before (e.g. wikitech-l@ for bug management office hours).
- Ten minutes before it starts, also announce on IRC in #mediawiki, #mediawiki-dev, #mediawiki-office and any other appropriate IRC channels
- Update the IRC channel topic; channel MUST announce that it is being publicly logged
- Explain what will happen this hour, ask who is around:
Welcome to the IRC office hour about bug management that will take place here in the next hour! Thanks for showing up! I plan to talk a bit about the latest stuff that has been worked on, and plans for the future. General info and documentation can be found on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management as usual. So who is here for the office hour? Please raise your hands. :) What I've been doing lately is shown on http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management/status but I am going to summarize and elaborate on the most interesting latest stuff:
- Talk about achievements since the last office hour
With regard to the task list and plans for next months, see http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Bug_management/Task_list
- Highlight a few plans and explain
Does that feel right to you?
- Then open general questions and discussion etc.
- Copy and paste the IRC log into a new page https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/IRC_office_hours/Office_hours_2018-06-20
- Update m:IRC office hours by moving the entry under "Recent office hours", and add a link to the log in its "Office hour logs" section.