OOUI allows to rapidly create responsive web user-interfaces and applications. It operates consistently across a multitude of browsers and is internationalization and accessibility ready.
The OOUI library contains
- ready-to-use widgets, layouts, and windows that can be instantiated directly or easily extended,
- elements that can be easily mixed and matched to create custom user interfaces.
OOUI is available in MediaWiki Core, as well as on npm, Composer, and through cdnjs. OOUI implements a "WikimediaUI" theme – conforming to Wikimedia Foundation's design style guide. Interfaces built within MediaWiki use this theme by default, though different MediaWiki skins can and do over-ride this. See documentation about using OOUI in MediaWiki.
Working with widgets
- Other concepts
- API documentation generated from the source code on doc.wikimedia.org
- Interactive demos online and in the project's demos directory
- A tutorial on building a Todo list application using OOUI step by step
|OOUI is maintained by the Contributors team.