|Help improve this documentation, with the notes at User:MSchottlender-WMF/ooui-doc-draft!|
|Working with widgets|
OOUI is a library that allows developers to rapidly create front-end web applications that operate consistently across a multitude of browsers.
The OOUI library contains
- a set of ready-to-use widgets, layouts, and windows that can be instantiated directly or easily extended,
- elements that can be easily mixed and matched to create custom user interfaces.
OOUI is available as a library in MediaWiki Core as of version 1.23, as well as on npm, Composer and through cdnjs. OOUI implements a "WikimediaUI" theme – conforming to Wikimedia Foundation's user interface style guide. Interfaces built within MediaWiki use this theme by default, though different MediaWiki skins can and do over-ride this. See documentation about using OOUI in MediaWiki.
Working with widgets
- Other concepts
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/js/ is API documentation generated from the source code
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/demos/ hosts the interactive demos in the project's demos directory
- A step by step tutorial on building a Todo list application using OOUI
|OOUI is maintained by the Contributors team.