The OOjs UI library contains
- a set of ready-to-use widgets, layouts, and windows that can be instantiated directly or easily extended,
- elements that can be easily mixed and matched to create custom user interfaces.
OOjs UI is available as a library in MediaWiki Core as of version 1.23, as well as on npm, Composer and through cdnjs. The library was originally created for use by VisualEditor, which uses it for its entire user interface. In MediaWiki 1.25 OOjs UI implements a "MediaWiki" theme closely aligned with the MediaWiki UI CSS appearance. Interfaces built within MediaWiki use this theme instead of the Apex theme by default, though different MediaWiki skins can and do over-ride this. See documentation about using OOjs UI in MediaWiki.
- About the library
- Creating interfaces programmatically
- OOjs primer
- PHP examples
- https://living-style-guide.wmflabs.org is a living style guide for OOjs UI components using the MediaWiki theme.
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/js/ is API documentation generated from the source code
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/demos/ hosts the interactive demos in the project's demos directory
- http://moriel.smarterthanthat.com/tips/tutorial-building-a-todo-app-with-oojs-ui-part-1/ A step by step tutorial on building a Todo list application using OOjs UI
||OOjs UI is maintained by the Editing department.