||Help improve this documentation, with the notes at User:MSchottlender-WMF/ooui-doc-draft!|
|Working with widgets|
The OOjs UI library contains
- a set of ready-to-use widgets, layouts, and windows that can be instantiated directly or easily extended,
- elements that can be easily mixed and matched to create custom user interfaces.
OOjs UI is available as a library in MediaWiki Core as of version 1.23, as well as on npm, Composer and through cdnjs. The library was originally created for use by VisualEditor, which uses it for its entire user interface. OOjs UI implements a "WikimediaUI" theme – conforming to Wikimedia Foundation's user interface style guide. Interfaces built within MediaWiki use this theme by default, though different MediaWiki skins can and do over-ride this. See documentation about using OOjs UI in MediaWiki.
Working with widgets
- Other concepts
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/js/ is API documentation generated from the source code
- https://doc.wikimedia.org/oojs-ui/master/demos/ hosts the interactive demos in the project's demos directory
- http://moriel.smarterthanthat.com/tips/tutorial-building-a-todo-app-with-oojs-ui-part-1/ A step by step tutorial on building a Todo list application using OOjs UI
||OOjs UI is maintained by the Contributors team.