Extension talk:Page Forms

From MediaWiki.org
Jump to navigation Jump to search

#autoedit erases other template values...[edit]

Hi there,

Is the #autoedit function supposed to erase all other values in a template if they are not included in the "query string" part of the function? I'm experiencing that on:
MW 1.26.3
SMW 2.5.6 (33df15e) 13:09, 14 February 2018
PF 4.3.1

To be clear: I have the following code:

	|link text=<i class="fas fa-plus fa-fw" style="color: red;"></i>
	|link type=link
	|summary=Added existing file to form.
	|tooltip=Add existing file to form field
	|query string=Application[{{{2}}}]={{urlencode:{{PAGENAME:{{{1}}}}} }}
	|query string=Application[{{{3}}}]=Yes

And while those two fields get filled out... the other 156 parameters in that template get wiped. I've tried dealing with it in multiple ways without figuring it out.

Thanks for any info!

There should only be one "query string" parameter - if there are multiple values, they should be separated by "&". That may or may not solve this problem - I'm guessing no. If not, the problem might be somehow due to the very large number of parameters and form fields involved. Do you have any smaller forms that you could try #autoedit on? If so, I would try using one of those. Yaron Koren (talk) 16:56, 5 August 2018 (UTC)

Easy way to populate a values list via Cargo?[edit]

I used to use |property= with a property with allowed values, but migrating away from SMW that's not possible anymore. So mostly I just make templates that have lists of values and transclude them to the form for |values=. But today I tried

|order by=Name

And transcluding this page as my |values=, which ended up throwing an error instead of working. Did I do something wrong with this query? It output the right result to the page, so I just copy-pasted that & it works now, but still, it would be nice to remove this manual data step. --RheingoldRiver (talk) 05:10, 15 August 2018 (UTC)

I don't know what exactly is causing that error, but it's definitely possible to still have allowed values using Cargo - you just need to set the tag parameters "cargo table=" and "cargo field=", where you would have used "property=" before, to "attach" a form field to a specific Cargo field. Yaron Koren (talk) 15:33, 15 August 2018 (UTC)
Ah, yeah that works, however it's displaying an & as &amp;. Any way to fix? --RheingoldRiver (talk) 04:05, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
I can't replicate that issue. Is this '&' within "allowed values"? What's the input type - a dropdown? And where does the &amp; appear - on the screen, in the wiki page, or both? Yaron Koren (talk) 19:22, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

Text input with pipe | and square bracket [ ] symbols[edit]

I'm trying to store multiline strings with |, [ and ] symbols (among others) in semantic media-wiki in combination with PageForms.

Note only does PageForms decline to save the page when these strings are in the template, but these multiline strings also mess up template calls and the inline version of semantic media-wiki property value setting with "[[" and "]]". The pipe symbols get in the way of the {{#set: too, unfortunately.

I have been able to add <pre></pre> at the start and end of the string value in the template, but these tags then appear in the Form values (and ideally shouldn't be stored in the property value.

Can anyone help me figure out how to proceed?


- n

Something like #set, at least, should work - I think parser functions (including pipes) within template fields should work fine in both forms and the resulting pages. If it's not working for you, what versions of MediaWiki and Page Forms are you running? Yaron Koren (talk) 19:23, 16 August 2018 (UTC)

I can't create form, with extension Form or with extension PageForm[edit]

I tried many ways.

1) Using Extension Form I followed the instructions of examples in https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Extension:Form, creating MediaWiki:Test-form and Template:Test. When I go to Special:Form/Test I get bad name error. I tried to create, then, the page Test-form, but it did not work.

2) Second way, using Special:CreateClass

I created a class with name "Event". When I go to page Form:Event, there is a text box and a "Create/Edit" bottom. But when I click on it I get a blank page on Firefox and an error 500 on Google Chrome.

3) Third way, using Special:CreateTemplate and then Special:CreateForm After creating a template, I went to page Special:CreateForm, chose the template and clicked Add and then I got a blank page on Firefox and an error 500 on Google Chrome.

I can't help with the "Form" extension - that's a different extension. But for the blank page and 500 errors, see here for how to display the actual error message on the screen. Yaron Koren (talk) 21:50, 16 August 2018 (UTC)