Release status: stable
|Implementation||Skin, MyWiki, Hook|
|Description||Add button with link to a donation page|
|Latest version||1.3.0 (2022-02-18)|
|License||GNU General Public License 2.0 or later|
The DonateButton extension allows a custom addition of a button with link to a donation page to a wikis sidebar. The button image is automatically adapted according to the language selection.
Install the extension and upload to the wiki a file as specified in
* donatebutton in the MediaWiki:Sidebar, the button can be placed individually.
- Download and place the file(s) in a directory called
- Add the following code at the bottom of your
wfLoadExtension( 'DonateButton' );
- Done – Navigate to Special:Version on your wiki to verify that the extension is successfully installed.
Enable the DonateButton. Default is false.
$wgDonateButton = true;
An image with this name should be uploaded on each wiki of your wikifarm.
- Specify the link to a donation page.
$wgDonateButtonURL = "https://example.org/yourdonationpage.php?lang=";
The link is automatically completed by the code of the language selected by the user or alternatively by the $wgLanguageCode variable.
- An alternative to the unmaintained extensions SidebarDonateBox and DonateBoxInSidebar.
- This extension works from REL1_25 and has been tested up to MediaWiki version 1.39.0.
- The SkinBuildSidebar hook of several skins no longer allows images and HTML code to be placed in the sidebar.
- A solution for this circumstance is not yet known.
- As a minimal solution, a simple text link to the donation page is now given.
- This occurs in Skin Vector since REL1_35 and Skins Cologne Blue, Modern and MonoBook since REL1_37. Skin Timeless still works as usual.
- Configuration of a donation link in Skin Minerva Neue.